Chapter 2

(Harry’s POV)

Flickering whiteness clouds my deluded vision. Beating against my skull with it’s rhythmic force. I cringed in distaste of such feeling, as the pounding thickened without remorse. My bottom lip wobbled into a pout as I took in the scene that was visible through the whitened outline.

I was in what appears to be an ordinary meadow, and yet it nearly seemed familiar. A specific thought that I pushed so far back into my mind that I hardly noticed it’s existence. ‘Pushing things away is what I do best,’ I mused, resting a hand on my chin, cocking my hips to the side in the process.

The meadow was vast and seemed lifeless. The numerous meadow flowers scattered about were sad and drooping, the color draining before my eyes. I cringed and snapped my teeth together in distaste. Running my fingers through the tall faded grass, an unnerving numbness gathered only in which places the grass touched, causing me to pull away swiftly. I then kept my hands at bay by wrapping my arms around myself tightly.

'Just like Louis used to do...’

The escaped thought hit me with an inhuman force. Tripping, I crashed, my insides ripping in two. ‘What the hell?’ I coughed and sputtered as dirt entered my mouth, and wiped a hand across my lips angrily. How dare such a thought encapture me in such a way... although the mere mention of such a name sent a wave of shudders to pass through my body, causing my eyes to soften gallantly. Cursing, my eyes began to water. ‘Shit, Harry no. Enough tears, crying stops now. Just no... more,’ I abandoned my self conscious for an unwanted few seconds to sob loud and long into my arms, breath hitching and throat burning as the water-works flowed.

“Haz... don’t cry....”

My head snapped up at the familiar voice. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion as they roamed the blurring field. “Lou...” I covered my mouth in shock as soon as the name escaped it. I heard his voice. I was certain. “Where are you...” I whispered. Then again louder; “Where are you!?”

Standing up, I ran forward, not bothering to look back. Wincing at the pain in my foot from my fall earlier, I continued on. I most likely sprained it. Damn. A few tears slipped down my red cheeks and my hands wiped them away without a seconds thought.

“Haz... come here...”

Louis’s voice again. I paused in my tracks and kept alert. The voice was louder this time. He was close. I know it. My heart leaped in my chest, startling me for a split second. Rocks scattered as my shoes stepped over them slowly, as though my desire to reach the voice had faded. Although that wasn’t exactly the case.

Furrowing my brows, I slid my fingers through my curly hair. It was a calming technique that I had adapted. Quite useful for screaming fans.

“Haz... come here... want me to sing to you?”

“Aghhh...” A massive headache overtook me as the Doncaster’s soothing voice clouded my senses. What was this? How is this controlling me?

I limped down the dirt path that had suddenly parted before me. My shoes scuffling, and mind foggy. Bringing up my hand, I put pressure on my throbbing forehead as to prolong the pain. But it wouldn’t seize.

Erupting into a sprint, I ignored whatever pain my foot has caused me. I had to find the source of the voice. I had to, but at the same time feared it immensely. ‘Nothing good could come out of this,’ I thought. ‘I should just stop and stay the hell away.’

Sniffling from dried tears, I was just about to turn back when a concrete tunnel caught my eyes. ‘No, don’t go in it Harry, it means trouble. Turn away. Turn away now. No! Don’t walk towards it you damn idiot! You wanna get fucking killed?’ Ignoring my spasmodic thought process yet again, I entranced himself in such an eerie darkness that the tunnel provided.