⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 37﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 37
⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅couples getaway﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

Y/N POV.
when I woke up, the first thing I felt was numbness. all over my body. I couldn't move anything, I felt like a pile of lead. not even my eyelids would twitch. then, the pounding in my head started. a deep thump in my brain that reverberated through my skull. red dots and lights jumped around my vision.

energy soon came to me and I slowly blinked open my eyelids. it was like prying them open after they were superglued shut. I took in my surroundings.

I was lying on the floor, my head cushioned by a pair of legs. the walls ran sideways and the floor parallel with my vision. a heap of clothes sat not far from me. a white fluffy towel and... my pyjamas?

memories of what had happened came rushing back to me in a blur. shit.

a soothing hand ran up and down my back as I tried to keep my eyes open.

"vance?..." I mumble.

"hey, hey, it's ok. deep breaths." his soothing voice sounded from above me. it sounded muffled for a second until the sound around me cleared up.

the whirring of the bathroom fan, vance's breathing, it all cleared up. like cotton being plucked from my ears.

"what happened?..." my question was groggy and raspy.

"you took a hot shower and passed out from overheating." vance explained, a hint of sadness in his tone.

"I'm sorry..." my voice became whiny and thin with tears. "I'm sorry, I was just so cold..."

I could feel it, the heat white hot against my skin and heightened by vance's thick sweats. it poked at my skin, prickling it with sweat.

"it's ok, sweetie. I promise. do you think you can walk to bed?" vance asked me carefully. I shook my head no. "c'mon. let's go."

he slipped his arms under my back and the back of my knees. he lifted me bridal style and stood up. safely secured vance's arms, he began walking us back to his bedroom.

he set me down on his bed, made sure I had everything I needed and headed off to make me a new soup.

when he came back, he carefully helped me eat the burning tomato soup, making sure I wasn't spilling any drops or rocking the bowl too much. he had cut me little bread soldiers and used them to wipe up any remnants of the soup and carefully handed them to me. I felt full, stuffed to the brim, even if it was only from a bowl of soup. vance placed the empty bowl and plate on his bedside table and I placed my head on his chest.

the sound of his heartbeat was comforting. I focused on the steady thu-thu thu-thu instead of the feeling of my insides churning away.

"I love you so much, vance," I mumbled gratefully.

"I love you too, baby. god, I'm willing to catch your fever I love you so much!" he joked and a manage to cough out a laugh. "hey, hey, don't laugh. sorry, my bad."

I would've giggled, instead I smiled up at him.

"maybe tomorrow we can be sick together?" I suggested playfully.

"hopefully, you're well again tomorrow. I hate seeing you like this." he shook his head slowly.

"you worry too much." I poked his chest and lay my head back down.

"I worry the perfect amount with the way your life fucking twists and turns!" he exclaimed, scoffing a laugh. I try not to laugh, not wanting the pounding in my head to increase any more.