⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 35﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 35
𓂃 𖥔 repaired 𖥔 𓂃⌗

"heeyyy, y/n?" I sighed as bruce leant on my locker.

"what, bruce?" it was more of a statement than a question.

"have you... spoken to vance since sunday?" he asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"who's asking?" I shut my locker as he spoke.

"nobody! nobody!... just... y'know..." bruce awkwardly chuckled. "the main man himself!"

I huffed in frustration and started toward my english class. bruce ran up behind me, trying to get my attention back.

"i-it's just... he's a big guy, y'know! and I... I'm litteler than him. although I can swing a bat well, I'm fairly sure he can catch it and crush it with his bare fist. so, he's asked me to ask you if you can talk to him, and I don't wanna get my ass beat!" bruce explained. I stopped and pulled him to the side of the busy corridor.

"you can tell vance that 1) you're not a messenger boy. and 2) i'll speak to him when I'm ready so stop sending people to talk to me because he knows he can't. that goes for you too, brock!" I stopped the tall, brown haired boy from taking any steps closer to me. he held his hands up in surrender and turned away. "so, am I understood?" bruce nodded his head. "great. now, not sure about you, but I'm off to english. ta-ta!"

I left bruce, weaving myself through the crowds of people to make it to english on time.

***

lunchtime finally came around and my group had retired to the cafeteria as imani had left her food at home and was buying a school meal. I couldn't help but look over to vance and his group who were sat in the corner of the cafeteria.

vance had his head rested on his folded forearms, detatching himself from the conversation surrounding him. when kalum nudged him, he reluctantly lifted his head and his face was tired and sad. him and markus exchanged words when vance suddenly kicked off, swiping his arm over the lunch table and sending trays of food and cartons of juice flying. the lunch hall went quiet as vance yelled at markus.

"you shut the fuck up! what the fuck do you know?! fucking bitch." he stormed out of the cafeteria and it was silent for a moment more before chatter erupted again.

"wonder what that was about..." cheyenne said in a low voice to us. I didn't reply to her, still a little sour about the whole situation.

"it's vance, he often kicks off." cameron said.

"leave him alone." I muttered.

"I thought you two were done?" he asked.

"we're not done!" I snapped before calming myself. "we're on a break..."

"y/n... are you ok?" cheyenne asked me carefully.

"I'm fine. I need to go to the toilet." I picked up my bag and left the cafeteria.

as I was walking towards the toilets, an arm knocked into my shoulder which made me stumble a little.

"oh, sorry!" I exclaimed.

"shit, y/n, i'm sorry..." I looked up at the sound of vance's voice, my breath hitching. my eyes locked with his ice blue ones, making my heart race.

"oh, hey, vance..." I readjusted my bag strap and looked down to the floor awkwardly.

"you... you ok?" I nodded before looking back up to him.

"yeah... I... uh..." I cleared my throat. "vance, I... I'm ready to hear you out. whenever you are."

vance nodded widely in response.

"okaaayy... uhm. meet after school? at the grab'n'go?" vance asked me.

"yeah. yeah, that sounds good. I'm just... I'm headed to the toilet, so..." I gestured my head towards the toilets.

"oh, of course. i'll... i'll see you later!" as he spoke, I nodded at him and smiled.

"yeah, i'll see you later." he smiled back at me.

***

I felt the nerves building up as the bright grab'n'go sign came into view. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and tried to take deep breaths. I could see vance milling around the pinball machine, muttering to himself before shaking his head and muttering again. I walked through the door and the sound of the bell jingling above me caused his attention to turn to me. his hands fiddled nervously as I moved towards him.

"hey..." I murmured as I reached him.

"hey," he replied. "I... uh... I'm sorry. I really am. so, so, so sorry. cheyenne tripped and I automated to you tripping over so I held her waist without thinking and... when you confronted me, I was used to amanda accusing me of cheating so that's what I thought you were saying! I'm so sorry, y/n. I really am. I feel terrible."

I nodded my head slowly.

"I understand. I just... I hate the thought of you hurting me too." my voice cracked with pent up tears at my last sentence and vance immediately wrapped me in his arms, pulling me close to his chest.

"hey, hey, I'd never hurt you on purpose. seriously. honestly. I promise you, I love you, y/n. with my whole entire heart." he whispered, holding me close to him.

***

we'd gone back to vance's house and were currently in his kitchen with katy, maddy, sydney and heather. I laughed as heather tried to juggle apples. olivia was home and resting in her room, the hospital had deemed her well enough to go home but to rest for around a week. I watched as vance took two apples from the fruit bowl and began juggling them perfectly.

"you dork!" maddy laughed, making us giggle.

"shut up, I'm the one with incredible skills that few possess!" vance retorted with a confident grin.

"you actual idiot." maddy was still giggling at him as we watched.

"y/n's here!" everyone greeted olivia cheerfully as she slowly made her way towards me, mrs hopper helping her. she wrapped her arms around me as she watched vance juggle the apples.

"if you drop those and bruise them, you're buying new ones!" mrs hopper warned jokingly. she turned to me and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "y/n, good to see you, baby."

"it's good to see you too, mrs hopper," I replied with a warm smile. mrs hopper ran the tap and began washing the dishes in the sink.

"good to see you two are ok again, too! god, he wouldn't eat without you, wouldn't sleep without you! he'd snap at everyone for every little thing," mrs hopper said with a smile while vance blushed red and put the apples back.

"mom, stop." he muttered as everyone else giggled.

"aww, nice to know you can't live without me," I pinched his cheek and he shrugged me off.

"you're all mean to me." he pointed at us all and we laughed.

it felt good to be with him again...

***

SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED FOR AGES LIFE HAS BEEN BUSYYYY AND SORRY ITS SHORT I HAVE LITTLE IDEAS. 😐