⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 33﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 33
𓂃 𖥔 rumours 𖥔 𓂃⌗

I sat with my head on vance's shoulder and his hand on my thigh as we sat with the rest of the friend group. it was saturday and we were in the diner beside the grab'n'go, having some lunch.

"excuse me, vance... hopper?" the timid waiter came over to us.

"yeah, that's me." vance's head perked up.

"the- uh- the phone's for you." the waiter pointed shakily to the phone beside the till. vance slid out of the booth and followed the waiter over.

"aww, his momma's calling," imani jokingly cooed.

"leave him alone," I chuckled as I bit into one of vance's abandoned fries.

vance suddenly rushed back over and picked up his bag from beside me.

"i've gotta go. olivia's in the ER. she fell off the climbing frame and hit her head." he hurried out.

"oh my god, will she be ok?" i asked.

"don't know yet. probably. i'll see you soon, yeah?" he pressed a quick kiss to my lips before saying goodbye to everyone else.

"oh, I'm going back home now, mom needs me and I have to walk past the hospital. imma come with." cheyenne grabbed her stuff and stood up. we all said bye to the two of them as they headed out of the door, chey struggling a little to keep up with vance's erratic pace.

***

"hey, babe." I hugged vance as soon as I saw him. we were back at school and vance had been unable to call me all weekend. he had been waiting for me at my locker and he wound his arms around me with his face buried in my neck. "you ok?"

"olivia's still in the hospital. they took ages to see her and ended up keeping her overnight. when they took her for a scan, they found mild scoliosis in her spine and wanna start treatment as soon as." I pulled back and took vance's face into my hands with a saddened look.

"oh my god, is she gonna be ok?" I asked, worried.

"I mean, she should be, right? they might have to take her in for surgery." he got a little choked up at the word surgery but pushed it down.

"oh, baby." I took vance into a hug and he wrapped himself tighter around me.

***

"...and then he was hugging her this morning! I can't believe he's playing her like this." the other two girls in my group walked over.

it was fourth period phys ed and we had been put into little groups to do some stretches. the other two girls, aria and maxine, had just come back from filling up their water bottles. I was mates with them both from our old math class in freshman year.

"what's this?" I asked.

"I..." aria's words died on her tongue as her and maxine shared a look.

"what?" my stomach twisted a little.

"on saturday... we saw vance and cheyenne walking together. alone. he... he had his arm around her waist." I felt my insides freeze.

"he... no... what?" I laughed in disbelief.

"yeah, they were walking towards her house."

"no, vance was going to the hospital. fo-for his sister." I tried to reason. aria and maxine shared a look.

"y/n... we all know what vance is like. you knew too when you got involved with him!" maxine placed a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged her off.

"no, no! vance would never cheat on me. he loves me!" I exclaimed angrily. the two sighed and shared a look again. "besides, cheyenne's dating bruce."