⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 5﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 5
⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅arguments & track team﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

"seriously?? you had an argument with vance hopper and survived?!" bruce exclaimed.

"we just yelled at each other. but seriously, this dick thinks he can come into my life and try and fuck it all up? no!" I slammed my locker shut with anger.

my breath hitched as we walked down the hall. I spotted vance stood by his locker with his friend, timetable in hand. he yelled in anger and kicked the lockers.

"what, dude?" his friend asked.

"got stupid chem now." he muttered.

"I thought you liked chem?" the friend scoffed.

"not anymore." he huffed before walking off in the direction of 6S.

"guess i've got chem next," I sighed heavily. "what bout you?"

"bio." bruce replied.

we reached 6S and said goodbye to each other. I made my way into the room and scanned the seats. I noticed vance in the same seat as usual and a spare one cheyenne. I took the vacant seat and began talking with the bubbly girl. I felt eyes on me but didn't turn around, already having a strong feeling it was vance.

***

after class, I walked to the bleachers with cheyenne for break time. upon arriving, I noticed how everybody else was already there. we weren't a huge friend group, only the seven out of the original twelve of us had survived from freshman year to junior year without falling out. there was me, bruce, cheyenne, arlo, imani, cameron and carter. we were all super close, especially the girls and I.

as cheyenne and I climbed the steps to their row, arlo called out for us.

"why does it feel like ages since we all last hung out?!" he cupped his hands over his mouth so the sound could reach us. imani flinched and tutted her tongue at the boy.

"boy, they're right there! no need to yell." she scolded, flipping her long, red passion twists hair over her shoulder.

imani had been the last to join our group. her parents had moved her from her last school for fighting the other girls. most friend groups hadn't taken her in because of her attitude, but her and I hit it off immediately. I also suspected her and cameron had a thing going on behind our backs. the two were sat side by side, suspiciously close.

"I don't know! life's been busy!" I laughed as I stepped over bruce's and arlo's legs to sit by imani.

"band club had me practicing allll lunch time," carter sighed. he was the band geek out of us all. he was also the innocent one we all vowed to protect.

"speaking of clubs, coach russo is desperate for you to join track!" imani nudged me.

"I can't! I have to be home for the kids!" I felt a pang in my chest as I mentioned that, my mind reverting back to my argument with vance.

I really did want to join the track team, it was my dream. coach russo had said how quickly I'd climb and how many scouts would want to recruit me for colleges. but I couldn't leave the kids, I'd be home at least an hour and forty five minutes later than usual and a lot can happen in an hour forty five if dad was in a bad mood.