⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 19﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 19
𓂃 𖥔 stalkerish 𖥔 𓂃⌗

after that one phone call, I had cried myself to sleep, missing dad coming back with the kids and food. when dad woke me up to eat, it was dark and I dismissed him with a mumble of 'I'm not hungry'. he'd checked up on my a few more times during the night but I payed him no mind, too shaken up to hold a conversation.

for some reason, tom karls seemed to be more creepy and stalkerish with me than any of the other girls. I knew he hadn't tried this with anyone else or it would've been talk of the school — or maybe he had and they were just too scared to tell anyone, like me.

my phone had rang a few more times during the night but I ignored each one of them, not caring that it might not be tom karls and too scared to make that mistake again. I had rolled over, away from the phone, with my hands pressed to my ears and tears falling from my eyes. at one point in the night, finney had come into my room with fear in his eyes.

"are you gonna answer that?..." he had mumbled.

"no..."

"oh... will you hang it up? the ringing... hurts my ears."

"sure." I had reached over, picked up the receiver and carelessly placed it back down.

"thank you," he had visibly relaxed once the ringing stopped.

in the morning, I woke up with red eyes and a sore throat. my hair was a wreck and there were dark circles around my eyes. I sighed and rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up and rid myself of the fog in my head. I only bothered with a little makeup and didn't do anything with my hair. my outfit for the day was a t-shirt covered by vance's grey zip-up hoodie and paired with my flare jeans.

I stared blankly through the mirror as I brushed my teeth, the only thought in my head was the anxiety of seeing tom karls in school. I took a deep breath to calm myself and plastered on a smile as I walked out of the bathroom, wanting to be supportive for finney's first day back at school.

I walked into the kitchen to see him and gwen sat at the table.

"hey, guys!" I chirped out, trying not to cringe as it reminded me of how I spoke before I heard tom karls's voice.

"morning, y/n!" gwen smiled back.

"hey!" crumbs flew from finney's mouth as he spoke.

"dude, speak with your mouth shut." I chuckled. "ready for your first day?"

"he better be cuz we're leaving in five minutes!" as finney nodded, dad came in from the hallway, checking his watch with a smile. he came to stand by me as he placed a piece of bread beside mine in the toaster and pushing it down. "had your breakfast yet, y/n?"

"making it now, that's what the toast is!" I said sarcastically with a laugh.

"haha, very funny. you ok? your eyes are a bit red." dad's brow furrowed.

"yeah, I'm fine. just didn't get much sleep, woke up a few times in the night." I responded, my smile faltering a little bit. dad nodded before turning to get butter and jam out of the fridge.