⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 27﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 27
𓂃 𖥔 grand reveals 𖥔 𓂃⌗

I lay on my side in my bed.

I was tired. no, exhausted.

my limbs felt like lead, my eyes were sore from crying and my throat sent stabbing pains through me every time I swallowed from my sobs. there was a ringing in my pounding head and my pyjamas felt scratchy and uncomfortable. my skin was red and sensitive from one of my 'deep clean' showers and my nose felt blocked. I was overwhelmed but there was nothing I could do, I was too tired.

after vance had found me, he took me to nurse o'hare who called my dad to come pick me up. vance had wanted to stay with me and see me home, but miss selfrin had ordered him to stay in school; to which he kicked off about in the nurses office, almost trashed it and got sent to isolation for the rest of the day.

I'd told dad that I didn't want any visitors, so they had been turned away at the door and dad would come and tell me about them. my back was facing the door so I wouldn't have to see dad's torn face every time he came in.

"vance was just at the door."
"that was just bruce."
"cheyenne and imani just stopped by, but i've told everyone you're tired."
"vance was at the door again."
"weird, arlo and carter were just at the door. I didn't think they knew where we lived?"
"vance was just here, maybe he can come in? I don't think he'll leave."
"I think talia marie was at the door? she was passing by and came to check on you."
"vance is here."

"y/n?" I turned my head as much as I could at the sound of vance's voice. "hey, baby. how you holding up? you scared me in the hallway."

I let my cheek hit the pillow again as I hummed, my eyes beginning to slide shut again. I felt the sheets lift and the mattress dip beside me as vance climbed into the bed beside me. he wrapped his arms around my middle and pulled me in to his chest. I gasped lightly in pain as his fingernails scraped my sore skin.

"what's wrong? is this too much?" he asked. tears welled in my eyes as another sob ripped my sore throat and I shook my head.

"my skin..." I mumbled out.

"what's wrong with your skin?" vance looked around before he spotted my red and scratched hand.

vance knew about my 'deep clean' showers. he knew how i'd sit for hours on end and scrub my skin obsessively. he knew I hadn't had one for a while too.

"oh, baby." he pressed a long kiss to my temple. he held me to him as gently as possible rubbed a hand up and down my arm lightly.

"I'm sorry..." I whimpered out.

"no. no, don't be sorry. none of this is your fault." he said.

"no... I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you." I corrected him.

"what do you mean? you're more than good enough! you're too good for me, y/n." I cried more, shaking my head. vance just pulled me closer to him with a sad sigh. I gripped his hand in mine.

"amanda said I faked the incident for attention and that it's my fault you got shot." vance tensed up at my mumbled words.

"she. what?" he spoke very slowly.