⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 12﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 12
𓂃 𖥔 found again 𖥔 𓂃⌗

day four of finney's disappearance.

morning sun peeked gently through the gaps which my curtains struggled to cover, the heavy duvet weighing on my body was a warm comfort, the gentle snores of vance beside me as he held me tightly in his arms, my back to his chest. it was the first time since finney's disappearance where I fully felt peaceful. I closed my eyes again and tried to savour the moments slowly passing by.

yesterday, vance had come over after the grab'n'go where he'd met dad for the first time. dad had been understandably sceptical and rightfully angry at the boy; he had taken him into the next room to "talk" with him, leaving gwen and I in the living room alone. I half expected vance to come back with a black eye. what I didn't expect was him and my dad sharing a joke. damn. we'd had dinner and vance and I had gone to my room to hang out for a bit. we were cuddling on the bed, watching our movie from the tv screen on the dresser opposite my bed and we'd lost track of time, falling asleep in each other's arms.

I listened to the static crackle from the tv screen for a while before vance began waking up. he groaned as he tightened his arm around my waist and burrowed his face deeper into the crook of my neck.

"morning." he croaked out.

"morning. did you sleep well?" my voice was soft as I spoke.

"mhm." he began placing soft kisses up to my earlobe. I giggled and squirmed as his breath tickled me. he began to kiss along my cheek, reaching the corner of my lips.

"nuhuh, morning breath. not till you've brushed your teeth," I laughed and turned my face away.

"but I don't have a toothbrush here!" he lifted his head to look at me with over dramatised offence.

"we have some spare in the bathroom, c'mon," I climbed out of bed and readjusted my sleep top. vance leaned over the edge of the bed and grabbed his shirt and belt, slipping them back on and following me to the bathroom.

***

after we'd both gotten ready, we headed out to the kitchen for breakfast. at the stove, dad stood with a small apron tied around him as the smell of bacon and waffles floated through the house.

"smells great, mr blake," vance complimented, taking a seat at our kitchen table.

"thank you, vance. y/n, there's some ready being kept warm in the oven if you wanna grab them out." dad moved out of the way as I leaned down to get the ready made waffles and bacon plates from the oven. I placed them down on the kitchen table in front of vance who thanked me with a grin.

"nice ass, you should bend over like that more often," he whispered to me with a smirk as I arranged the plates. I blushed red and swatted his arm before sitting down.

"oh, shit. is that the time?" dad hurriedly turned off the hob and the oven. "I have to go, I promised maria I'd meet her today to talk things out. is that ok?"

"of course, dad!" I nodded, mouthful of waffle.

"great. there's enough breakfast for you, vance, gwen and fi... for you three. i'll be back before dinner. have a good day!" dad left the house in a whirlwind, the door shutting behind him. I sighed as dad almost mentioned finney.