❥11 | workaholic

☆dreams pov☆

The countryside lay before me like a divine fingerprint, curving and changing, no two parts the same. In all the world this view was unique, such is the way of the organic world. The dip and sway of the land, the patterns and species of flora, the ever changing sky and wind.

I hadn't seen much of george lately, he would have made the view ten times better.

Maybe if I hadn't been so bold he wouldn't have been so annoyed, is he annoyed? have I fucked things over between us?

I wanted to convince myself I was just being paranoid about him being pissed off at me, he is always pissed off at everyone anyway it would be no different.

All I could think of was his soft skin against my fingers, how easy his waist slid into my hands like magnets and how much I wanted it again.

"you missing someone?" Sapnap asked from the bed beside mine, my eyes flickered away from the window.
A
My eyes darted up at him with my mouth agape, "what? how do you know? is it that obvious?" I quickly ask, knowing i've been caught yet again day dreaming about someone I shouldn't be.

"you always pull that face, dude if you miss your mom just facetime her" Sapnap blankly said before returning to his phone.

"right. my mom, yeh." I agreed, half forcing myself into believing it's my mom I'm truly missing too.

sapnaps eyes suddenly looked enraged, I don't know what realisation he came to but I hope he doesn't  link to what I'm thinking of, george.

george, george, george. fuck.

george.

Repeating his name in my head makes it even worse, each syllable, each thought and each interaction makes me more head over heels without realising it, im falling heart first into his trap.

"you miss fundy! you always pull that face. fucking hell dream" Sapnap sighed disappointed.

I took a deep breath of relief for his stupidity but then I listened to what he said, I don't pull a face whenever I think of fundy?

"no I don't. if anything I hate him more than anything right now" I hummed in reply, quickly tapping my finger against the space bar of my laptop on one of my thighs.

"uh huh sure.." Sapnap suspiciously replied, his eyes fixed onto my expression as of he was attempting to read me.

"what! i'm being serious. he is fucked up in the head." I snap back.

"glad you finally realise, well have fun thinking of your lover boy" Sapnap goaded, giving me a wink as he rose to his feet.

"i'm not thinking of him for the last time!" I replied defensively.

"okay fine I believe you, jesus dream i've never seen you get that feisty over him" Sapnap said surprised.

"good, now let me work"

"okay okay i'm on my way out. come join us later yeh? if it's not too dark by then we can play some basketball"

"no promises, i'm in the zone to work right now. but of course I can make some time for maybe one match" I grinned at him before clicking onto the document.

Sapnap finally gave that Sapnap style grin before closing the door behind him, leaving me alone with nothing but my own thoughts.

I stare at the blank sheet of paper that lies before me, feeling the pressure of trying to write something meaningful, something that will resonate with my listeners. I feel my fingers aching from repeatedly tapping the keys, but I push through the pain, knowing this is all part of the process.