❥8 | like a rock star

♡︎georges pov♡︎

tw:
drugs

We had just finished our second concert, it was an indoor one this time so we didn't have to worry about sudden rain blowing up the electric guitar, Tommy was very scared of that last time.

Indoor concert are so much more hot, I was roasting, on the verge of sweating. Wilbur's shirt seeped through and you could see bears of sweat sitting on his hair line.

Before the concert started a dealer came up to me and gave me shit that would last me weeks, I put majority of it into my bag I brought that im meant to keep my drumsticks in.

I didn't really speak to anyone else while In the changing room I just kept to myself mainly. Wilbur quietly scolded Tubbo in the corner because he messed up one of his piano solos.

Tommy was endlessly scrolling through twitter on his phone, clips of the concert instantly filled his feed. lazily, I peered over every few seconds out of my own boredom.

"I will practice wilbur i'm sorry" Tubbo apologised, his breath still heavy from the show, I almost felt bad for Toby .

"no excuses tubbo you fucked up the whole thing" Wilbur sighed before planting down on a wooden stool.

Tubbo was on the verge of tears, he was always the emotional type who sobbed at the finest of scolds; Tommy was too cowardly to do anything about it, he idolised wilbur too much.

"give him a break william it isn't the end of the world." I scoffed from corner of the room.

As if he was a hawk, his head snapped over to me and his eyes narrowed in my direction, "we don't need your input george." he hissed before dropping his act.

After that he sulked and dawdled over to Niki to converse about some record deals.

Yet again, the room turned into the impression of a static television from the 1900s, we all gauntly returned to doing our own thing and the confided room turned bleak.

Stereotypes of bands tend to be exhilarating, everyone laughs all day long and prats about with their perfectly quiffed hair and natural talent at instruments.

However, this band was insipid, it's rare we all share a laughter and I dont think I could go up to any of them and ask for a hug, maybe apart from Niki.

My point is that everything has their down sides, the fun always dies down after it becomes familiar, endless hours of slamming a stick down on the thin plastic skin of a drum gets repetitive after a while and everyone's mood alters, we all become too comfortable around each other and end up treating one another like shit. That's why beginnings are better.

I like beginnings because they are so full of promise. the first page of a book, the first day of a job, the first time you buy yourself flowers, the first kiss, the first kick of liquor, the first time you hold a new infant in the family. I like beginnings because I always know there is more to come.

Due to misery and boredom, I pull out a small ziplock bag out of my pocket, no one bats an eye and it's only the band in the room now.

I pull out my bank card and pour the powder onto the desk where the makeup artist usually brings their eye shadow pallets to life on someone's face.