❥7 | home towns

Start from the beginning

With offended eyes, I squinted at him "shutup." I told him, sliding my hands down to unbutton my shirt, as I was way too hot. With my chest exposed to the cool breeze of the barely working air con above us, I slipped the strap of my duffel bag over my shoulder and walked out.

"just saying, whenever you look at it you act like you've seen a ghost" Sapnap noted, his shoes scraping across the floor as he caught up to me trying to open the fire exit door.

"it's feels like I am seeing a ghost" I murmured, quickly walking back to the tour bus.

"still not over him then?" Sapnap asked me.

My body froze and turned to him in middle of the scorching foot path, my feet burned through my trainers and my head felt hot. still not over him?

My shoulders shrugged, "mostly, I don't miss him as a person. I guess I just miss having someone there like that" I hummed, trying to to dig myself too deep into the question.

"I'm always there mate, you haven't dated or slept with anyone in years" Sapnap reminded me.

"I've not found the right person." I replied.

Sapnap nodded understandingly and we continued walking, yapping on about random past memories.

"y'know Karl spent most of his childhood in that gym" Sapnap told me, laughing slightly as he looked back. I looked back too, I could see a faint warehouse looking building in the distance.

"Karl plays basketball?" I questioned.

Sapnap looked at me like I was joking and then started laughing while shaking his head, "no, he was a water boy"

"that makes sense" I agreed.

Sapnap and Karl first met through me, I saw some guy who posted videos of him playing piano online and I was memorised, I knew he belonged with us. The way his fingers gracefully danced across the keyboard to make the most majestic notes of songs had me swooped, so I did what any young guy desperate for a pianist and messaged him. I found out he lived close so me and Bad had a meeting with him and instantly got him on the team, him and Sapnap were love at first sight from there.

Karl was our most recent member but at the same time he had been here a good few years so it wasn't like he was a rookie or anything.

The sun beamed in my eyes as Sapnap continued to talk on about random things, like how we live in a simulation and how he hates flat earthers. I just pretended to listen with an occasional nod as he chewed my ear off.

The sun's rays danced across the sky, painting the clouds in a warm palette of orange and pink. It was a bright and sunny day. White, fluffy clouds drifted across the clear, blue sky.

I feel great, the sun is shining. The air smells just as good as a neighbourhood Barbeque. I know it's going to be a good day. I continue to walk but at a slow pace. It's such a beautiful day out that I want to observe and take in all that nature has to offer for the day. The sun is feeling amazing as a warm blanket on a cold day, I continue to hear the water of the fountain falling back into the river it came out of.

Sapnap laughed and asked me questions as we walked, like about my first kiss and the last time I cried, I answered them all truthfully since there was no need to lie to Sapnap.