Ryan: "Don't push me to the edge, I don't want to be brutal with you."

This time my body twists with impatience. I am on the edge of the abyss. A simple caress would suffice to make me capsize.

I want to say something, but I'm so impassioned that no sound comes out of my mouth.

He delicately rubs the curls of my hair between his fingers, as if he was still studying the question.

Ryan: "It's incredible. You are so desirable..."

It's incredible how mesmerizing he is...

Ryan: "But..."

He is silent as he passes an arm behind my back to pull me up.

Still panting, I stare at him, burning with desire... He leans his head to one side and contemplates me, a fine smile on his lips.

Ryan: "Before we get down to business, I'm taking you out to discover other delicacies in one of New York's best restaurants."

He's taking me to a restaurant...? Really? A real date?

Even though my body is crying out for him to continue, I do appreciate the idea.

And anyway, I know very well that I'll get something amazing for dessert...

We take the limousine to the restaurant. Jake is waiting for us downstairs, next to the car.

The latter gives me a faint smile as I get into the back. He obviously doesn't like the look of my relationship with Ryan.

We need to have a talk... I like him and it would be a shame if this situation spoiled things between us.

Ryan slips in beside me and Jake closes the door.

He goes around the car and gets into his seat. When he turns on the engine, Ryan speaks to him.

Ryan: "Let's go, Jake."

Ryan looks in my direction. I understand. He wants to keep the destination secret.

I roll my eyes.

I smile at him. Everything is a game.

I decide to play the same game and not say anything.

We drive in silence for a few minutes. I look out of the corner of my eye at my beautiful lover. He glances at his phone, adjusting his jacket.

Even this kind of gesture, usually totally harmless, is sexy with him. I want to be the cell phone that he's touching and that captivates all his attention.

I think for a moment about his burning gaze when he was leaning over me a few minutes earlier...

In truth, before meeting him, I wouldn't have believed that a man could be so captivating. My body seems to react in spite of me to his sensuality.

I close my eyes an instant and breathe giving my brain the opportunity to resurface.

I wonder what this evening has in store for me...

I'd like to learn more about him and his life outside his empire...

The further it goes, the more I realize that I want to be in his life... Something tells me that the fall could be painful.

Suddenly, Jake's voice snaps me out of my daydreams.

Jake: "Sir, we're being followed."

Hey?

Jake spoke calmly. Ryan turns to look behind us. I quickly do the same.

I can't see anything in particular. Just the steady stream of cars.

I look at Ryan, worried. Can he see anything...?

Jake shifts abruptly over to the next lane. I jerk and I grab the door handle.

Jake: "The black sedan, three cars behind, on the taxi lane, has been following us for ten minutes now."

What's going on...? Who are these people...?

My eyes go from Jake to Ryan. What's going on?

He then picks up his phone and dials a number.

Lexi: "Ryan, who are these people?!"

A serious look on his face, he motions me with his hand to be quiet and stares at the road.

A few never-ending seconds pass while I stare at him, completely dumbfounded.

Ryan: "I get the message."

He doesn't say anything else and hangs up. For a few seconds, I remain out of it.

What message? Who is he talking to? Does he know them?

I turn to the sedan in question and see it turn at the corner of a street a few seconds later.

Jake sighs. Ryan keeps his calm.

Lexi: "Ryan...?"

He seems lost in thought.

Lexi: "Ryan!"

He turns his head towards me; His eyes seem darker. I suddenly realize that I have just spoken to him in a familiar way, in front of Jake.

I don't care! After all, Jake isn't fooled! And if Ryan didn't want to arouse suspicion about our relationship, he should have ordered a taxi!

He remains silent as he meets Jake's eye in the rearview mirror.

Jake: "Sir, what do you want me to do?"

Ryan: "Nothing yet."

Jake looks at him disapprovingly. Obviously, he disagrees.

Jake: "But sir, I can..."

Ryan: "Jake, just do what I ask you."

Wow, I've never seen Ryan so cold with Jake. Anyway, I seem to be the only one who doesn't know what's going on here...

In the meantime, I would like an explanation!

Lexi: "Can someone explain to me what's going on?!"

Ryan stares at me for a moment, as if I'd crossed a line.

Excuse me, we are being followed by a very creepy black sedan, and it doesn't look friendly, so I have a right to worry!

Finally, his gaze softens and he resumes his usual self-assurance and casualness.

Ryan: "It's nothing, a competitor trying to intimidate me."

I stare at him, dazed.

To intimidate him...? Who wants to get at him this badly? Is this why Jake watches over him...?
______________________________________
If you have any wishes/suggestions for improvement, feel free to write them in the comments.  If there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes, please point them out <3
Stay tuned for the next part :-)

Forever In My HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara