If she thought the steak looked good, it was nothing compared to the view he had of her in that sexy black dress. It showcased every curve. Made her skin look smooth, like a porcelain doll. And those eyes, they seemed to glow in contrast to her dress. He wasn't kidding when he said he could skip dinner and take her home for dessert.

The ever growing tightness in his pants could attest to that.

She moaned when she took her first bite.

More, the wolf purred.

He couldn't agree more. She could make that noise whenever she wanted. Preferably under him. Or on top of him.

But it was more than sexual desire for his wolf. Her pleasure was music to his ears, whether it came from food or from him. He wanted her to be happy, always.

He clenched his fist. The beast was not making this easy for him.

"Uh, Damon?"

"Hmm?" He pulled himself from his thoughts and looked down at Kinsey. She had finished her steak.

"You haven't touched your food. Did you have too much to eat already?" She cocked an eyebrow his way, a silent dare for him to admit he had taken on more than he could handle.

He laughed. The human had no idea what she was getting herself into. "I think you severally underestimate shifters' appetites."

"I'll believe it when I see it." She lifted her glass of wine to her lips, holding his gaze as she drank it. When she set it down, she nearly knocked it over, being too busy ogling him to see what she was doing, then she giggled at her almost-accident.

The wine had really loosened her up. This was a good look for her, relaxed, unapologetic for the way she was.

Now would be the perfect time to get more information about Carissa and Victor. It was clear she didn't know much about the Corporation's plans at the moment. Given time, she'd learn more--and then he'd find out what kind of person Kinsey Ashe really was. Would she be appalled by the atrocities they commit on a daily basis, or would she be too hungry in her search for knowledge to care how she got it?

He saw it in her eyes, her bright-eyed curiosity, the undying thirst for more. She was still young and hadn't reached a point in her life when she needed to decide how far she was willing to go to get what she wanted. When she found out, Damon would be there, to stop her or to help her. Until then, he had to let her discover the truth on her own. He wished it was as simple as telling her what kind of monsters she was surrounded by, but if he delivered it wrongly or too early, or even too late, she would think of him as the monster for tearing down the delicate veil she had formed around herself.

But, as he gazed into her bleary eyes, he couldn't bring himself to question her further tonight. He had gotten enough information to warn the pack about the trail markers she had made. Damon was positive those markers would be used to trap his packmates. As Kinsey continued with her study and could be more specific with her findings, Carissa would be able to pick out a larger sample size for her perverted tests.

They ate through the menu, one plate at a time, and chatted for hours. Damon honestly couldn't remember the last time he had talked with someone for this long. The three bottles of wine certainly helped, but with his fast metabolism, his body made quick work of it and at most he would be buzzed for a few minutes. Kinsey had opted for water after her fifth glass, and had made quite the dent in every plate brought to them, but even at some point, she had to yield. 

She leaned her elbow on the table and looked up at him through her lashes. Her eyes weren't quite able to focus on his; they drifted from his mouth up to his hair, smouldering like embers, just waiting to be ignited.