Forced Break (Bad Sans Poly)

Requested by @NewLanguages

.oOo.

"Nightmare?"

A knock on the door broke the silence of the room. Nightmare, who was just finishing his paperwork, looked up, eyebrow raised. "Come in," he called, setting his pen down.

The door opened, and Killer walked in, closing it gently behind him. Nightmare leaned back in his chair, staring at Killer. He could feel the negative emotions of the other, gaining his attention immediately. The latter stood by the door for a moment before he sighed, walking closer to his boss.

"It's Cross..."

Nightmare sighed, hand rubbing his face. He closed his eye socket for a moment before looking at Killer once more. "He's doing it again, isn't he?" Killer nodded silently, the usual grin on his face replaced with a slight frown.

The guardian took a deep breath and leaned his head back. Cross was overworking himself again. He's done it before, whether it be by going on mission after mission or training himself until he is literally dead on his feet. It used to not bother Nightmare that much, he was working and his results were good, but after the team all started dating, Cross overworking himself concerned them all.

Nightmare stood with a groan, stretching his arms above his head. He winced when his back popped. Damn, he's old.

He grumbled to himself and followed Killer out of his office. If he thinks about it, Cross would have most likely just gotten back from the mission Nightmare sent him on. It didn't take long, the King of Negativity knew it wouldn't, but Cross shouldn't be training right after a mission, no matter how much free time he had.

Killer peaked inside the training room, Nightmare hearing grunts and slashing, and gestured Nightmare in. "Go check on dinner, I'll try to get Cross to come eat.." the guardian smiled lightly, watching as Killer hesitated before he nodded and walked back down the way they came.

Nightmare turned towards the training room and stilled himself to deal with a stubborn Cross before walking in. Cross was in the middle of the room, panting softly as sweat ran down his skull. Nightmare would be lying if he said it wasn't hot.

Nightmarea stood back for a moment, watching Cross launch himself at one of the training robots they had gotten. It wouldn't do any good if Nightmare distracted him while he was actively fighting. One of them would most likely get hurt.

Cross was fast, Nightmare noticed. He wasn't as flexible as Dust was, but as Nightmare watched him, he realized that Cross may be the fastest one in their little team. Cross was on one side of the room, then the other when Nightmare blinked. He hummed, impressed.

"Cross!" He called when the younger skeleton took a break to breathe. The skeleton flinched, head snapping up at the sound. He furrowed his eyebrows as he glanced around the room, finally spotting Nightmare by the door.

The black and white skeleton grinned, waving at Nightmare. "Hey boss," he put his swords away, wiping at his skull before walking over to Nightmare with a wince. If Nightmare looked closely, he could see the slight tremble of his mates' bones. The skeleton's knees looked like they were about to give out from under the male.

Nightmare gave him a deadpan look, raising a brow. "First off, I told you not to call me that," Cross smiled sheepishly at him, "Second, I've told you, all of you, that you are not to train if you just got back from a mission." Cross had the decency to look guilty.

"I know, I know..." Cross sighed, shrugging his shoulders as he looked away. "I wanted to though. I'm not weak, I can handle a little training after a mission."