ch 96 to ch 100

Chapter 96: Consider the Presence of This Sword as Myself, Bring Back Your Great Senior Brother (I)

Among the meandering mountain range, four figures dashed through the forest at lightning speed.

They didn't choose flying to get to their destination for it was possible to expose them to their unknown enemy. At the meantime, Fo Zi took out an alms bowl and enchanted it so it could hover in the air above them, then he explained, "this is a Thunder Alms Bowl of Protection which could conceal our trace from being discovered by anyone who is under Tribulation Passage Period."

Under a situation like this, the four moved as a group, following the lead of Luo Jianqing and Fo Zi.

The Fiend Cultivator had just killed a hundred thousand people, so, apparently, he had generated immense amount of Lines of Karma. Not long ago, Luo Jianqing had reached the Fourth Seizure of Nine Heavenly Seizure Record - Seizing Karma, so he could see it in a blur. On the other hand, Fo Zi was pretty sensitive to the Flame of Sins, and that was the reason why he saw a cascade of bloody glow in the middle of the forest.

Among the massacred a hundred thousand people, most of them were simply commoners; the cultivator with the highest cultivation base had only reached Qi Condensation Period.

Facing a powerful cultivator who had reached Body Fusion Period, they could do nothing but gave in their lives like fragile weeds. At that time, a man might have been chatting with his wife, but the next moment he was embraced by the arms of death; perhaps a student was about to attend the life-changing exam in the capital city, but was killed silently in the middle of nowhere.

There were countless small countries in the thirty-six states, but the boundary between the mortal world and the cultivation world was respected by both sides, so that neither the cultivators nor the commoners would break it.

However, neither Fiend Cultivators nor the Demon Clan took this rule seriously.

Mo Qiu stayed quite calm and explained, "It was super easy for a Fiend Cultivator to kill a mortal. Although they cannot get Spiritual Power from the body of a commoner, there are plenty of Vitality left in the corpse, which, to be honest, is even more useful than the Spiritual Power. For instance, a man who is supposed to die at sixty years old is killed by a Fiend Cultivator at his thirty, then the remaining thirty-years of his Vitality would be snatched by that Fiend Cultivator; as for the poor man, he would turn into a ghost and would have to stay in that form for thirty years to enter the samsara."

Along their way, Fo Zi was continuously chanting Heart Sutra in order to release souls from purgatory.

When Fo Zi chanted, the sutra turned into visible words and, with a shining golden glow, flooded out of his mouth. The Tangible Sutra! This was Fo Zi's deep perception of the Buddhism Sutra. He kept deliver the innocent souls into the samsara, saving them from being tortured after turning to a ghost and roaming around lonely in this cold world.

Fo Zi was right. The reason why Gui Yuan Sect moved to Cen State a thousand years ago was to restrain the Fiend Exalt.

Cen State had tremendous amount of water but not mountain. The Gui Yuan Sect abandoned its Spiritual Mountain and migrated here because Cen State was right next to the land of Fiend Palace. Even though the Fiend Exalt remained quiet for a thousand years, the number of Fiend Cultivators who followed their nature of killing was way more than that of Fiend Cultivators who kept their hands untainted by the grime of blood. The Buddhism Cultivators took it as their responsibility to stop the Fiend Cultivators from killing.

Gazing at another village undergone massacre, Fo Zi couldn't hold back the sorrow anymore, "I'm sorry for this. I didn't have the power to save you."

Nevertheless, Mo Qiu still scoffed, "Even Xuan Lingzi - the top of the so-called righteous cultivator - can't save all the innocent souls from Fiend Cultivators all over the world. The Fiend Palace reigns seventy to eighty percent Fiend Cultivators, tries hard to restrain them, but still can't prevent some Fiend Cultivators from bringing bloodbath to the innocent. The Heavenly Will has its own rules. You'd better ask the Will for the answer you seek."