ch 16 to ch 20

Chapter 16

Since ancient times, the human race and demon race were like water and fire. Conflicts sprung up everywhere.

The demon race originated from the cultivation of demon beasts. Just like they said, "those who are not our kin are sure to be of a different heart". Since the beginning of ancient times, the humans and demons warred against each other time and time again over resources, up until now, where there was already a deep sea of resentment, and it was too late to ever turn back.

Luo Jianqing had known about what Zuo Yunmo said about the persisting 230-year war. That war was the ultimate hatred between the two races in all history. The demon race had three demon masters, and the human race had two Mahayana stage cultivators. Among them, one of them was the Hao Ming Peak Lord of Tai Hua Mountain, Luo Jianqing's one martial ancestor.

However, Luo Jianqing had presently cultivated for no more than 36 years. In that time period, everything was peaceful as can be, and no conflict broke out between the two races for a full 100 years. The high-level demon beasts were all in seclusion and did not come out, and the human race did not take the initiative to stir up conflict. Only Body-Fusion cultivators and below and demon beasts below eighth-level would battle hand-to-hand at the borders, though there was no conflict now.

The Wan Shou Mountains that Luo Jianqing frequented were an unregulated zone set up by the human and demon race. Any demon beast eighth-level and below could enter as they pleased, and any cultivator Body-Fusion stage and below could enter as well. Here, life and death, poor or rich; it was all destined. The two races could freely unleash their hatred through reckless carnage.

Zuo Yunmo's soft smiling voice echoed in the quiet courtyard, "Senior brother, although True Lord Beidou is not strong enough, he acquired a great amount of merit during the war and obtained many treasures. When you went through the remnants during this practice experience, that was his lifebound magical tool, the Ursa Major Seven Star Formation. This is one earth-rank formation that could kill a Nascent Soul cultivator. A pity that the remnants are closed now. Otherwise, you could take over. It would be of great use to you in the future."

Hearing what he said, the corners of Luo Jianqing's lips raised slightly. He asked, "Junior brother, when did you learn to be so analytical?"

Zuo Yunmo said helplessly, "The sect-wide competition is in half a year. Senior brother, I certainly do not wish to be rebuked by our sect leader again."

The two people laughed and bantered for quite some time, then the paper crane brandished its wings and slowly flew off into the sky, swiftly disappearing from Luo Jianqing's view. Gazing at the crystal clear sky, Luo Jianqing slowly squinted his eyes. His sleeves flicked as he turned around to go back to his own room.

After he came back, Luo Jianqing immediately took out the blood-red jade piece from his storage ring and studied it meticulously.

"Nine Heavenly Seizure Record". The name sounded tyrannical enough, and especially the words "heavenly" and "seizure" made Luo Jianqing feel apprehensive in his heart.

True Lord Beidou said that this was a manual he had gotten, but Luo Jianqing felt that this was impossible. Even if that True Lord Beidou came to own a great number of possessions during the war, set up remnants that were far beyond an ordinary Nascent Soul cultivator's ability, he should not have such an extraordinary cultivation method.

If True Lord Beidou truly practiced this cultivation method, then surely he would not have fallen to such a low cultivation level, been killed by a demon beast, and finally die a tragic death.

After struggling against the phantom demon fox's possession, Luo Jianqing only remembered being in extreme pain and nothing else after that. When he regained consciousness, he saw Li Xiuchen, who was covered in blood.