ch 71 to ch 75

Chapter 71: My Nightmare Conquered, Who Dares to Fight with Me! (II)

"Is he the Great Senior Brother of Tai Hua Mountain? He is so handsome!"

"I heard Luo Jianqing reached Nascent Soul Period before forty years old! My Master told me that there's a great chance for him to achieve Out-of-Body Period within twenty years!"

"Really?! Out-of-Body Period? You got to be kidding me. The Elder of my sect just reached the Early-stage of Out-of-Body Period..."

"Oh, come on! Master Xuan Lingzi who reached Nascent Soul Period at fifty-six achieved Deity Transformation Period before he was three hundred years old. It's totally reasonable for Brother Luo to get to the Out-of-Body Period at sixty!"

...

"Brother, could you please do me a favor?"

"Hahaha, Junior Sister, of course! Anything, you name it, as long as I'm capable to do it!"

"Then... brother, I heard that you made many friends among Tai Hua Mountain's disciples. Can you help me deliver this kerchief to Cultivator Luo?"

"..."

...

Because of the Superior Spiritual Bone, Luo Jianqing had extremely sharp hearing, plus his deep cultivation, he heard all of the mumblings among the audience. Mo Qiu was sitting beside Luo Jianqing, curious about all the things going on at this grand competition, but suddenly heard the young disciples' words. Mouth twitched, he complained, "People obsessed with gossips are so annoying!"

"Huh, now you know what I felt a moment ago." Luo Jianqing answered casually.

At first, Mo Qiu didn't understand what Luo Jianqing was talking about, but he finally figured it out - he was critiquing him of asking that question! Mo Qiu won't keep silent, obviously, "you can't blame me for that! You and your Master are in that kind of relationship, right? I... I'm just curious!"

Luo Jianqing's heart twitched, "what relationship?"

Mo Qiu pondered a while then said, "you should ask yourself."

Luo Jianqing kept quiet.

The vibe suddenly turned awkward. Luo Jianqing didn't say a word until the Gold Core Period disciples stepped into the ring, "The relationship between my master and I won't be accepted by the world. If you also think it sordid, you may as well leave Tai Hua Mountain after the competition. We should meet less frequently."

"Your word is not my command. It's no big deal falling in love with your Master. Sticking strictly with your so-called rules, as Dao Cultivator, you guys are so boring. Though the Fiend Cultivators had the rules regulating the 'abnormal' relationships, but no one really cares about it. In my Mo Dao Palace..." Mo Qiu stopped abruptly, then continued, "there are two friends of mine who are siblings, but they've been together for thousands of years. They are even more closely related than you and your Master, but none of the Fiend Cultivators dares to point fingers at them. Master Xuan Lingzi is the top one cultivator in the world. Who dares to restrain him?"

Luo Jianqing looked down at the competition in the ring, "he will, he will restrain himself."

Mo Qiu didn't know what to respond.

One hour later, the competitions among disciples under the stage of Gold Core Period came to an end. Unsurprisingly, the second Senior Brother of Tai Hua's Seven Children - Zuo Yunmo - defeated the third Senior Sister Wei Qiongyin once again and won the first place. Now, the next stage would be the competition of Nascent Soul Period disciples. Given that Luo Jianqing was the only cultivator who reached Nascent Soul Period among all these disciples, as long as no one challenged him, the championship would be his.