Chapter 79 - Slumber Party, Witchcraft and Friends - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Nice," was all the black-haired boy replied, and they went back to watching the movie again.

Another few minutes passed, and everyone watched the screen without another word. Angie was on the couch munching on popcorn they'd found in a cupboard somewhere, and Ryan managed to rest his head on Evan's shoulder.

The silence didn't last long, though.

"When is something interesting going to happen?" Although only a few minutes of the movie had passed, Evan couldn't help himself. This whole detective movie thing wasn't his style, and the handsome actor couldn't keep him captivated forever. Plus, the brown hues of the movie made him feel depressed and he felt like he should have been expecting something, but it irritated him that he didn't know what.

Michael sighed loudly, followed immediately by a grunt. "If you don't watch this closely, you'll miss all the details."

"What details?" He asked in confusion, turning his head back to the screen with a grimace.

Michael almost burned his cousin with his gaze, hoping he'd understand what he wanted from him and not even trying to answer Evan.

"Love," Ryan turned to his mate with a tender tone. "Wait until this gets to the plot twist, okay?"

"Have you already seen it?" Evan asked confused.

The ink-haired boy immediately nodded. "Uh-huh, it's Michael's favourite movie."

Evan's eyebrows shot up to his forehead in surprise, and with a silent nod, he leaned back against the couch again. This time he decided to be quiet and let Ryan snuggle up to him again. Although he liked to comment on movies, he didn't like to spoil anyone's favourite things, so he decided to subdue himself for now.

And with how determined he was, he was able to not disturb anyone for quite a long time. That is until they got to the greatest plot twist he'd ever seen.

"What the fuc-" He remained staring at the screen, mouth agape, and only now did Michael's comment about watching the details sink in. It suddenly made sense why the main character's partner didn't know how to hold a gun, even though he was an investigator. Plus, all the supernatural aspects of the movie were suddenly not supernatural at all, but part of a mental illness - something Evan hadn't expected at all, even though he knew that the genres of this movie didn't include fantasy or science fiction.

"It's amazing, isn't it?" Michael uttered, not taking his eyes off the screen, and Evan couldn't manage more than a nod.

By the end of the film, Evan felt he had to act like the most awkward type of people he thought existed - the ones who applauded after the plane landed. He felt like applauding the director for coming up with such an idea, and he honestly understood why it was Michael's favourite movie. To say he was enchanted by the story was an understatement.

"I don't know if I've ever seen a better movie," he admitted aloud, and Michael gave him a look that said, "I told you so."

"It's really good," Ryan agreed out loud. "The first time you see it, it has the most charm. Not that it's not worth seeing again, but that first experience is unrepeatable," he explained.

"I get what you mean," Angie agreed immediately.

"You still think his wife is cute?" Michael finally spoke up, directing his question at Evan and not even trying to hide his amusement.

"Hell no." He frowned instantly, trying to banish the image of what she'd done to her children from his mind. "Although the part where she looked like a phoenix was pretty cool."

"That part was great. It reminded me of that movie with the mother where the woman always starts burning up," Angie commented, and suddenly the rest of the cast turned on her.