CHAPTER 21

By the time we reached the main living room , I was already tired and all I wanted to do was to hug my pillow and sleep .

I was about to make my way to maids quarters when the young boss said something that made me stop to face him .

"You can sleep in the living room . " He suggested as he pointed at the large grey cushion that's in the living room .

"It's okay ...I can sleep in my room ." I responded in a very small shaky voice regarding how cold the living room is .

"I just want to make sure that you're fine . " He replied making me to sigh defeatedly accepting his offer .

I walked to the cushion and sat down on its soft surface while the young boss sat down opposite me . I decided to just ask the question that've been bugging my mind .

"Why are you being nice ? " I asked at the same time suspiciously looking at his hazel eyes that always held a natural expression just like now .

"I don't like seeing women getting disrespected. " He shortly replied yet this reply answered my question .

This means he has been acting all nice to me because I was getting disrespected , well at least he categorized the seventeen year old me as a woman not as a child like how Zakir used to categorize me .

"You never ask for my name . " I stated wondering why an employer will not care to ask for his employees name . I've been here for about a month now .

"Akila . " I heard him say my name to my upmost surprised.

Now I know why he never ask , it was because he knew all along . But how ? I wanted that to be my next question but he answered it .

" Inaya told me . " He replied finally looking up to meet my eyes after a long period of staring at the floor .

"Inaya , the charter box. " I responded remembering how expressive and inquisitive the six year old girl is . If not for their looks I would have never thought that Inaya was Wahab's sister , while he's so reserved and quiet only talking with his hazel eyes and sometimes his mouth , Inaya is so much like a talkative and always gives more information than asked . Beauty is what they have in common and obviously parents .

I had to blink tea ice to reconfirm the view in front of me right now , his lips actually curved into a short adoring smile that automatically got formed with the mention of his sister's name .

While Baba Aliyu , Momma and Zakir are the delicate topic of my heart , his own is Inaya . After this migration, I've realized that family is everything. And his only family members that I know are Inaya and Amina .

I guess he noticed my gaze at his smile that's why he quickly retracted it back and replaced it with his neutral expression.

Just this moment, a thought popped into my head , believe me , it's not a bad one , at least not too bad .

"If you don't mind me asking , I've not seen your parent here at all ..I mean where are they ? " This was my question, I tired my best to make it sound as formal as possible so that the young boss will not give me his dual intimidating glare .

"Sleep . " I heard him say completely ignoring my question , I was not expecting a reply from him though . I mean ...it's still Wahab that we are talking about .

"Why do you like to command people ? " I asked allowing my eyebrows to form a small frown , a frown that showed my undying confusion .

Maybe the question annoyed him because his hazel eyes gave me a very hard glare , but his glares does not intimidate me again , maybe he doesn't know but that glare looks more of attractive than scary .

"No I don't . " He replied defending himself making it obvious that even he doesn't know that he commands people , I guess he's so sued to it that he doesn't even realize.

"Yes you do and I've never seen you obeying any command . " I responded trying to use this as a chance to lighten my dull mood , at least for now this should work .

The young boss got up from the couch and replied "You know what , you're right I do command people , now sleep . "

At least he admitted it , that was the last thing he said before walking up the stairs leaving only the invisible traces of his strong cologne behind . I'm not used to strong perfumes so it was kind of hard for me to breath .

The fact that it's only me in this starve living room kind of worries me , but as of now , what I need is a strong sleep that'll wash away all the sad moments I had today , a sleep that'll make me feel like I'm not in the young boss's house rather I'm in out Maiduguri house with Momma and Zakir, a perfect sleep .

I laid myself on the couch that's comfortable enough for the petite me letting all my muscles to relax and my eyes to go into a temporal world of darkness .

___________________________
Random Q : Do you prefer Gap teeth or dimples ?
-Have both : but not noticeable .