CHAPTER 3

I continued running as fast as I could , I felt a sharp pain piercing into my light sandal and as l stopped to check the cause of the pain , I discovered that it was a small glass that entered my sandal and managed to get its way into my foot . I bent down and slowly pulled it out of my foot before I continued to run .

I continue running with the cut foot , I ran until I saw a busy road filled with cars moving up and down and I couldn't explain how happy and relieved I felt .
I walked to the side of the road and waved my hands up high to each and very moving vehicle I saw but none of the cars stopped.

Of course, they won't stop upon seeing a lady covered in sweats and some tattered clothing .

I was more than surprised to see a 'welcome to Kano state ' and a 'center of commerce' just directly under the welcoming words .
So this already shows that I'm in Kano , all my more than seven hours of running was not in vain , hopefully .

The welcoming words encouraged me to walk deep inside Kano , I continued to walk and run when I see nobody around me but start to walk when I see people around me , I walked for what felt like hours seeing the hawkers on the road and down students returning from school.

It was then that I heard the call of Adhaan for Asr prayer . I continued to walk by the side of the road and of course I got happy when I start to see some tall buildings that looks like that of the riches . I walked and walked until I was not able to bare the heat on my sandal.

I quick crossed the road and stood directly in front of a large grey gate , a very large one indeed , I traced the black desgin of the grey gate with my dusted fingers feeling the smoothness of the gate which screams 'money' .

I was still tracing the gate when I saw a small gf kid coming out of the house , probably five or six years old , she has a light skin , a very light one that'll make one think that she's not a Nigerian but I'm sure that black race is in her blood .

Her huge black eyes reminded me of Zakir including her pink shaped lips and shaped eyebrows . She looked at me inquisitively before running back inside the house through the large gate's door .

"Leave that place ! You'll not make the young boss to sack me ! " I heard someone sat and upon turning I saw an old looking man , his veins was viable all over his face , he's tall or at least taller than the seventeen year old me .

I sighed heavily and walked away from the gate , I was not trying to make whoever he called 'young boss ' to sack him , I was just examining something I had never seen before , the exclusiveness of the gate is rare in the place I was living .

I walked towards a tap that's beside the house and washed my face making my smooth face into appearance, I quickly rearranged my hijab and washed my muddy legs and foot before performing and ablution.

I noticed a large , tall mango tree directly beside the same house , of course I could only think of what you're thinking . I walked and placed my scarf on the floor down under the shade that the mango tree provides .

I stepped on the scarf I placed on the floor and start to pray all the prayers I've missed , it's something I really need to do.

_____
Q: who's your fav celebrity?