CHAPTER 8

I followed after the young boss to a large staircase , a black colored one which is structurally different from the white stairs that's inside the living room .

   The young boss didn't climb the stairs rather he pointed at it and said "Go up there , take a right turn to Habiba's room , she'll show you to a spare room . "

  I nodded my head and began to match towards the stairs. I tried to climb the long stairs as fast as possible, taking two steps at a time and was finally relieved when I reached the end of it .

  I turned to look around my environment that has a white painted wall as with tiles floor and several corners , I turned  towards the right corner and walked slowly taking my time to absorb the golden designs on the walls into my head .

   I came out of my absorption world when I noticed that in in front of the door to the only room in this corner , the door is simply black colored and has a metallic knob .

    Touching the knob as a way of opening it was the first thing that came into my head yet I decided to do it the formal way , I knocked gently on the black door waiting patiently to be answered by whosoever is inside .

  Fortunately for me , the response came quite fast . Habiba was the person that opened the door , she had a blue faded wrapper tied firmly above her chest with droplets of water all over her dark skin making it obvious that she just came out from the bathroom or so.

   Seeing an old woman with wrapper only isn't something I'll like to see so I quickly looked down not able to detect her facial expression.

"Come in . " Habiba responded fully opening the door for me to have more access into it . It was as if she knows who sent me to her , as if she knows she's supposed to show me to a room .

I  nodded my head and bent down to remove my sandals that I almost forgot by the living room's door but later carried it before following Habiba into the hallway where I got lost . I was about to pull the tips when she spoke .
   "Enter with it . " She said to me making me to do a reverse motion .

  I raised my right leg and entered into the room , the air that welcomed me isn't as cold as the air in the living room .
I was expecting to perceive an offensive odor that I personally believe old women to have yet the room scent nice , it has a nice fragrance that could lit a person's dull mood .

   There's a green colored medium sized bed at the left corner of the room , green curtains and a green flowery-designed carpet was present in the room . As I concluded , the room is big enough for two humans to live comfortably in .

As I averted my curious gaze from the carpet , my dark iris noticed three doors with the same black color at the side of the green colored wardrobe.

   The atmosphere in the room feels free , Habiba pointed at a stool that's beside the bed . "Sit. " She said still pointing at the small wooden stool .

My body really need that , it needed to rest on something good , a stool will be good .I advanced my steps towards the stool and settled myself on it trying to balance myself so as not to fall.

   " Where were you ? " Habiba inquired as she settled herself on the edge of her bed . The visible frown on my face made it obvious to her that her question displeased me , she should know that I got lost , it's so obvious.

   "I got lost in the hallway . " I answered hoping that she won't ask me any further questions but I was wrong .

"Did the young boss meet you there ? " Habiba asked me , I could sense some hint of fear in her tone .
This made me to ask this question in my mind 'What is it in the hallway that the young boss doesn't like to see anyone there ' I mean there has to be something.

  "He did , he even warned me . " I replied as I heard Habiba releasing a low displeasing hiss .

For a moment, I thought about why Habiba is scared about this , why did she hiss ? Why is the young boss so strict about the hallway ? I have to find out , to know the reason .

_______

Q: what's your best food ?
I think I like sweet stuffs except for honey !