CHAPTER 20

My breathing was hard until when I heard a loud punching sound being directed at the boy that's holding my wrist . He was punched on his cheek that red liquid could be seen dropping from his mouth .

"Must I teach you how to respect girls ? " I heard a very familiar voice say making me to turn my gaze to look at its source and my guess was right . It's the young boss , I felt more than relieved to see him here . That's for the first time in history.

"It's the young boss " I heard them whisper to each other before running away from the scene as if nothing happened, do they know him ?

I feel very fragile now , feeling like I can break down at any point yet I held my tears not wanting to cry in front of the haze-led eyed man .

I watch as he walk towards my veil and picked it up from the floor before coming to stand in front of my trembling self . He wrapped the veil around my shoulders and moved back allowing me to have my space .

"The streets here .. are not safe . " He said to me in his usual calm but deep voice that can also be loud when he's angry .

I stayed mute not wanting to speak at all , normally considering the terms I am with him , I would have snapped at him blaming him for killing Momma but now I just do not have the courage to even look at him . I disobeyed him hours ago but now he's here helping me , helping an immigrant .

I sniffed even more trying to resist my tears from falling but I guess he noticed my attempt as I heard him say "it's okay to cry . "

I lost it when I bent down to cry out my pain silently letting my tears fall remembering all what I've been through . I lost a lot but I gained nothing. I was surprised when the young boss passed me a tissue which I gladly collected using it to wipe my never- ending tears . I cried and cried and cried as he patiently wait for me eventually passing me more tissues .

I finally got up when I heard him say "shall we go ? "

I didn't really care to ask why he's being nice all of a sudden , I just kept my mouth shut as we walk back to the house feeling too destroyed to even speak . I tried to calm my nerves as we slowly walk back to the place I left . I guess this is how my own fate is .

"Did you follow me here ? " I asked wondering how he got here but instead of answering me he said something else , something he has said before.

"The street's not safe . " I heard him say repeating what he told me some minutes ago . I kept my eyes focused on the road we are walking on enjoying how quiet it is . It was only a few people on the road .

"I can see that . " I replied remembering what almost happened to me earlier . I got saved by the very man o ran away from , and it looks like the creepy boys from earlier know him .

I slowly continued to walk beside him , normally the young boss walks so fast but to my surprise, he's actually walking slowly now , probably to keep up with my walking pace .

We eventually arrived in front of the large grey gate standing so proudly expensive and different from the other gates around it in structure and quality .

The old gateman was sitting on a wooden bench beside the gate but quickly got up to open the door of the gate obviously because he has seen the young boss . I'm sure that if it was only me he wouldn't have rushed to open the gate's door probably because I'm just a commoner, just an immigrant.

I entered inside before the young boss followed behind me into the house . That is it , I'm back , I guess this house is just my own fate . My destiny ... but with who ?

With who ?

__________________________
Author : Thank you for reading MIGRATION.
Please share MIGRATION , vote and comment .

Thanks 🤍