~CHPTR 18 mischief~

TW VIOLENCE

Pippas birthday had arrived, you mustered all the happiness you could to make it a special day for her.

You made her pancakes for breakfast, before letting her unwrap her presents.

"What is it?" She asked, shaking the wrapped box.

"You'll have to open it to find out"

She unwrapped it, finding a box with a designer label on. She opened it to find a dress she had designed herself.

"My drawing!"

She had been drawing pictures of clothes and other various things, she had quite the talent for drawing.

"I had them recreate your drawing so you could wear it for your birthday. What do you think?"

"I love it!" She hugged you tightly.

She continued to unwrap her presents, thanking you for all of them. You heard a knock at the door, getting up to answer it. It was Oliver..

"Oh, Hi!" You weren't expecting to see him until the party.

"Hey there! Where's the birthday girl?" You pointed over to the pile of wrapping paper in the living room, Pippa was busying herself with her presents.

"Happy birthday Pippa!" Oliver shouted, trying to get her attention. He looked at you for help.

"Pippa. It's Oliver come say hi" She looked over, waving before turning her attention back to her presents. You huffed.

"Sorry about her, she's very excited about today" Oliver laughed in response.

"Yeah, sorry for coming unanounced. I've got a present from me and one from Onceler . Should I give it to her now?"

"Oh. Yeah go ahead." He nodded and walked over to Pippa, giving her the presents.

You weren't expecting him to give her a present. But then again, you didn't know how Pippa and Onceler got on nowadays. You watched her open the card from Onceler, she reacted with excitement.

"Aww he wrote me a poem! Mummy come look!" You snapped back to reality, walking over wearily to Pippa.

She passed you the card, you looked down at is cautiously. It read:

'Happy birthday Pippa! I'm so so so sorry I couldn't be there. But I wrote a poem just for you!

From the day you came into this world
I was as proud as can be
Blessed with a daughter
For everyone to see

Everytime I look at you
That sweet face
I am reminded of someone else too
You remind me of me

A piece of me makes up you
But you make me up entirely
Without even trying

Happy birthday my girl
I love you entirely'

With that, you felt a tear fall from your eye. He loved you entirely. Now you were replaced. You can't be jealous of your daughter, can you?

You mustered a smile as Pippa looked at you happily.

"We need to get ready now Pip. Go get changed yeah?" She nodded and ran off to her room.

You began picking up the wrapping, Oliver lent a helping hand. Once you finished cleaning up, you remembered you had to get ready as well. You just couldn't face going into that room. You just stared at the doorway, a frightened expression on your face.

"Y/N, what's wrong?"

"Can you go pick me an outfit please. I can't go into that room."

"Why? Is there a spider or something?"