Chapter 9

*Liz's POV*

"So...you live around here?" I asked Jack.

"Yea, I actually don't live that far. Like 6 minutes away." He replied.

"So you'll be going to Westside too!?" I asked Jack excitedly.

"Yes." He answered.

"Great! This is my first year at this school so hopefully it'll be a good year." I commented.

"It's not a bad school." Jack replied.

"It's not that I'm a afraid to go. It's just that it's s new school, new people, so it's gonna be a bit awkward. But luckily Stacey is going too." I explained.

Before Jack could began talking my mom, sister, and Taylor walked in the front door with a lot of bags.

"Hey sweetie." My mom said to me, not even noticed Jack.

"Hey...mom..." I said, dragging out my words.

"UH, UM, IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS?!?!?!??!!" Gabby asked Taylor having her "fan girl" meltdown.

"Yes, yes. Just act cool..." Taylor whispered in Gabby's ear, but I could tell she was just as excited as Gabby was.

Jack was just sitting there, taking in my everyday life. I wonder if he thought my family was weird.

"Oh, well who is this young man here?" My mom asked walking over to Jack.

"Hi, I'm Jack. I'm Liz's friend..." He said looking my mom in the eye while shaking her hand and smiling.

"That's wonderful. She really only has Stacey as a friend... now it's like we have another Stacey-" my mom said and being cut off my me.

"O-K...I think that's enough with that." I said getting up and walking to the front door with Jack following behind me.

"It was nice meeting you sweetie" my mom said to Jack before I opened the door, and to my surprise I was greeted by my dad, grandma and grandpa.

Great.

"Hey silly goose..." My grandma said with a big grin and squeezing my cheeks.

"I thought we agreed to NOT call me that 6 years ago..." I mumbled in her ear while planting a smirk on my face and giving her a hug.

"Well...our baby's growing up." My grandpa replied while giving my a huge grin and a hug.

"Hey dad...I thought you were at the mall with mom and the girls...?" I asked.

"No...I went to pick up Nan and Paps from the airport. They're staying for a week...remember...?" He replied.

"Of course...I totally remember." I lied. I HAD TOTALLY FORGOT THEY WERE COMING. "Well I'm gonna head out, I'll see you all later." I continued walking out the door with Jack by my side.

We both walked over to his Jeep as he opened the door for me on the passenger side and then ran to the drivers side.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that..." I apologize placing my hand in the palm of my hands.

"It's ok, it was cute." Jack stated.

"It was embarrassing." I admitted.

"Just wait till you meet my parents..."
He said while starting up engine and backing out of the drive way.

"Oh wait! I left my phone! Let me run inside and get it really quick!" I said unbuckling my seat belt and running inside.

As I opened the door, I noticed my mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa all talking then watching me as I came in.