Chapter 23

Serena's P.O.V.

I wake up to the sound of Dodrio cawing. Looks like it's morning. I lift my head up, and glance out the window. Yup, turns out it is morning, the sun is shining brightly through the blinds. Though, I don't want to get up just yet, so I place my head back on Ash. I turn my head around, so I am facing him as my cheek rests on his shoulder.

He must've felt me do that, because right after I put my head on him again, his eyes slowly shoot open.

"Erg..." He rubs his left eye.

"Good morning."

"Hm?" He looks over at me, and realizes that I am there. He must have forgotten he let me sleep beside him last night.

"Oh, g'morning." He replies.

I move closer to him and give him a short, good morning kiss.

"What time is it?" He asks.

"I don't know. I do know it's about time we get up, though." I say.

"Ash? Serena? Are you awake?" Bonnie asks from her bed.

"Yeah, we are." Ash replies.

She gets up from her bed and climbs down the ladder.

"Huh? Why aren't you in your bed, Serena?"

"Uhh, well, I just somehow ended up sleeping here." I put my head down to hide my visibly red cheeks.

"Ah, okay. Anyways, come on! Let's get ready! The big game is today!" She jumps.

"Oh, right!" Ash sits up, causing my head to fall down to the bed.

"I'll go wake Clemont!" Bonnie says.

She quickly climbs up the ladder to Clemont's bed. She jumps onto him, causing him to grunt as he wakes up.

"B-bonnie! What was that for?" He sits up and holds his stomach.

"It's time to go! The game is today! Come on, big brother!" She tugs his arm.

Clemont puts on his glasses and looks at the time, which reads 9:30am.

"Alright, I'm coming." He takes the bed sheets off his legs and climbs down the ladder along with Bonnie.

"I call the bathroom first!" I hop off Ash's bed as I grab my stuff and run into the bathroom.

"Lemme come with you!" Bonnie follows me in.

I have no problem with letting Bonnie in with me, because we are the same gender, after all.

"Wait, Bonnie! You forgot your clothes!" Clemont grabs Bonnie's backpack from her bed and walks over to the bathroom door.

Bonnie opens up the door and takes her clothes, and afterwards closes the door again.

Ash watches the door, and sighs. He turns away from door to Clemont, who has been looking at Ash from the start.

"What was the sigh for?" Clemont asks.

"Oh...nothing." He replies.

"You wanted to go in there with Serena, am I correct?" Clemont evily smiles.

"H-huh? N-no...of course not. Ehehe..." Ash waves his hands in front of him as his face turns red.

"Mhm...are you sure?" Clemont rubs his chin.

"I'm serious! Gosh." Ash crosses his arms.

"Alright, alright." Clemont laughs.

About 30 minutes later, the four of us finish getting ready. We leave our cabin, and make our way to the main building for breakfast.