33. Business as Usual

Zoé

Okay, listen, I have to admit that a little bit of adventure was not so bad, but I cannot tell you how glad I am to be back cataloging stuff at the library, tidying bookshelves, and completing the database. The scent of archives and old objects in the room, the faint light to protect our most fragile items: I feel at home.

And now the absolutely glorious thing is that, if I want to hear one of Ikshan's stories as a break, I can go to them and have a wonderful time, but otherwise, they share their compelling stream of consciousness with... Leno. Thank god.

This man is a gift. And he's not complaining at all. He always listens to them with fluttering lashes, sparkles in his eyes and, most of the time, a giant smile on his face. Those two are as cheesy as it gets. But I'm happy for them. And I can enjoy my quietness. So win/win.

Actually, Leno is an interesting guy. I knew it immediately - okay, no, not immediately. Alright, fine, I was suspicious as hell for the longest time. But I had to admit that I liked him.

He's so curious and open-minded. He told me he enjoyed exploring the world through the library, and I can totally relate to this feeling. But I know Ikshan is planning a massive surprise trip for him to really explore the world. I may join them for one or two destinations. Hopefully the least tacky ones. We'll see.

And I will take over at the Library when they'll be gone. Do you know I have an office now? Yep. I asked Ikshan to have my name on the door but they laughed as if it were a good joke. It was not. Anyway, maybe later.

Today it's business as usual. I have my coffee, I have my music, and two new boxes of books to unpack. There are some volumes we already have. I put them aside for Ikshan to decide if we're going to keep the items or give them away. The content of the boxes is quite boring but there are some books which are interesting anyway.

At the bottom of the second one, there is just one item left, packed in rough brown paper. I take it and look at it. I take a picture with my phone and send a text to Ikshan who is with Leno on another level of the library: "Do you know what this is?"

**

The End

Hi, everyone! Thank you so much for reading Ikshan's Library! It was such a fun ride to write this spin-off! I hope you liked it.

Just after this last chapter, you will find a bonus chapter that takes place during the second part of the book when Ikshan and Zoé are in Paris. Enjoy! ;)

If you liked Ikshan's Library, do not hesitate to check out the other For Centuries books where you will be able to know more about Elise, Aidan, James, and the Pearl. 

I have many projects for the months to come (For Centuries Season 4 and a few other spin-offs). Follow me here or on Instagram if you want to have the latest information. Thank you again for your support! You are the best.

 Thank you again for your support! You are the best