#46

-D.F

"Hey," I say when Spear runs into my arms. For the first time in a long time, I'm early picking him up. The smile on his face was worth it as I felt my heartstrings pull.

"You're early!" He says pulling away and running to grab his shoes. I follow him but stop halfway when I feel a pull on my jacket.

"Davina," Angel smiles up at me with Adriano by her side. I bend down and give her a toothy grin.

"Hi guys," I say right when Spear comes to my side. "Is anybody here to pick you up yet?" I ask. When they shake their heads I look at Spear. "Alright, why don't we grab both of your shoes while we wait." The moment I stand I'm stopped by Spear's teacher. His hands are folded in front of him and he has on his usual friendly smile that was infectious.

"Oh, hi," I say resting my hand on top of Spear's head.

"You're early today." He comments scanning my outfit. The black blazer and skirt admittedly were overdressing for school pick up, I was starting to regret not taking off the blazer to mellow it down when I saw his brows raise.

"I just came from work," I chuckle to which he smirks at. The air grows awkward and suddenly unbearable.

"So I've been meaning to reschedule that meeting with you.." he starts off.

"Shoot, I'm sorry, I've been crazy busy," I stress out running my hands through my hair. "I'm free this week though."

"Are you?" He says sending a glance at the children who stood at my feet.

"Why don't you help them find their shoes, Spear," I say patting his back with a little bit of force to get him walking. The kids run off not a second later but not after sending us suspicious stares.

"How about we go out for drinks this Friday?" His question takes me aback. I stare at him with parted lips unsure of what to say to that question.

"Mr-" I start but am suddenly cut off by his firm voice.

"Mark." He states reminding me of his name that had slipped my mind entirely.

"Mark," I repeat testing the name on my lips. My jaw clenches after as I watch his face brighten up. "Are we going out to drinks or are we just going out to drink." I sway when I speak hoping he'll get the point of my tone.

"I don't think I'm following," he laughs and runs his hand through his hair, it's shorter than Emilio's which happens to be the first thought in my mind. With every aspect of him, I start to compare it to Emilio.

As if magic his name is yelled throughout the room.

"Uncle Emilio!" Adriano runs across the room towards Emilio who stands close to the entrance with his arms out preparing for him. I find myself exhaling a deep breath of air when I catch sight of him. He looks breathtaking -as usual- I can't seem to recall a moment where he has even looked slightly bad. He looked great even while sleeping.

The rest of the children run after Adriano and cling to some part of Emilio's body. A smile stretches onto his lips as he stares at them.

"Davina?" Mark calls twisting his body closer to me to regain my attention. I turn around and almost immediately step back when I realize how close he is leaning. I chuckle out nervously once again. "The drinks?" He says scanning me again.

"Davina." My name is called again but this time my body has a different reaction, My face heats knowing exactly who called me. The voice causes my heart to practically skip a beat, and when I turn and see Spear's face beside his my heart melts.