#21

(Dress inspo)

Part one..

-D.F

"Please Davina" Dalia begged. I threw the yellow rag I used to wipe down the counter over my shoulder and sighed. She knew more than anyone why I was saying no. "It's my birthday and all I want is for you to come with us" her eyes became wide and her eyebrows furrowed attempting to make me feel guilty with a puppy face. Her lips started to curl.

"What am I going to do with Spear, if I go we're gonna be out all night" I haven't been to a party since I was seventeen, and even then those high school parties were nowhere near the type of partying that would take place tonight. I was entirely out of practice.

"He's had a sleepover before, drop him at Essence's. come on Vee, you've cancelled on me every year since Spear was one and I understood and accepted it every single time" she drew out each word which added to the pit of guilt in my stomach. "Please." She begged once more.

I took in a large breath of air before nodding my head ever so slightly. "Ok" I mumbled quietly.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Excitement laced her voice and she leaned off her stool with a hand cupping her ear. I rolled my eyes and threw the rag at her face which caused a loud gasp to leave her mouth. "This is no way to treat the birthday girl!" She said throwing it back to me harder.

I laughed and caught the rag before it fell onto the ground. "You heard me perfectly Lee" she cringed at one of the many nicknames I had for her which caused me to laugh harder.

She pointed her freshly manicured finger at me. "I'll forgive you this time... only because you're coming tonight" she flashed me her pearly white teeth and fluttered her lashes. I had to hold back an eye roll.

"Speaking of, what the hell is even happening" I glanced around the empty bar in case someone new came in that I didn't catch. It was days like these that I was glad I was working. Slow noons had a special place in my heart.

"We're going to some club" she shrugged. Her words made me want to not go even more. I've never been to a proper club, bars were the farthest I've stepped into that were adult-only zones. I groaned which caught Natalia's attention as she was already walking towards us.

"What's got you groaning?" She raised a curious brow before turning her attention to Dalia. "Dals, what brings you here?" she looked around the empty bar.

"Convincing Davina to come out clubbing for my birthday which she finally agreed on" a smile made its way onto her mouth as she spoke. "Wanna come?" She wiggled her brows.

Dalia and Natalia have always been cool with each other. They were the two people in the world that I didn't mind telling things to nonetheless be around. This wouldn't be the first time all three of us hung out.

"You don't even need to ask" Natalia placed both of her palms on the table with a grin. I laughed at them before crossing my arms. "And you said yes to going?" Natalia looked at me with disbelief. "I didn't even know you had fun"

"Hey!"I slapped her arm which earned a laugh from both girls. "I have fun" fun wasn't even in my vocabulary.

"When's the last time you had fun" I replayed moments in my head, and each thing lead to nothing. Suddenly I snapped my fingers "Spear and I-" they cut me off before I could even speak.

"Vee, I love Spear but when's a time you had fun without him." Dalia said which made me scoff "you're a mom without the label." The door opened the door which subsided my attention, I was silently praying customers would come in just so I could walk away from this conversation.