Chapter Twenty Four

The previous chapter has crossed more than 150+ reads but why does it have less than 30 votes? I am very disappointed and it's very discouraging for me to write.

It's been an hour since Aadya left, it was unexpected when Myra and Ajay stood in front of them as they came back early than they expected to be.

Everything is back to the square except the tension between them, which was growing second by second.

Their silence was interrupted by Amaya's phone as her phone was pinged with a message, she took her phone from the coffee table in front of her and opened it to find, it was from Arjun.

She saw Aadit looking at her for a second before turning his attention back to the TV but little did she know he was watching her from the corner of his eyes, he saw her smiling before responding to the message, and he wonder who could it be.

His grip on the remote got tightened as he couldn't bear this silence between them.

" Amaya.." he called her, she widened in surprise hearing his voice.

" Yes? " he turned towards her and pulled her body towards him by her waist, she squealed.

" Wha-t are-yo-u doi-ng? " she stammered, he groaned mentally when he saw her blinking her eyes like a sneaky kitten.

" You didn't reply to my question yet "

" What question? " she placed her hands on his chest to prevent him from coming closer to her.

" Am I.. " he looked into her eyes.

" Making you nervous? " her eyes desperately searched for the emotion in his eyes she use to get whenever he stare at her.

" What is wrong with you? Why would I feel nervous? " She chuckled humourlessly to hide her lie while pushing him away, but he held her hand and kept it on his chest.

" Do you feel that? "

" This is what you make me feel for you " he made her feel his racing heart against her hands. He leaned on her forehead and took a deep breath while she was staring at his features. Suddenly he pushes her on the couch softly and lay above her wrapping his arms around her and making her eyes widen.

" What are you..." Her words were stuck in her mouth when he placed his finger on her lips. He nuzzles his head in the crook of her neck, her heart suddenly forgot how to beat rhythmically. His hands which is on her waist caressed, trying to ease the tension building upon her.

" I like you Amaya " he confessed, Amaya couldn't believe her ears.

" What? " she whispered in shock,

" I like you but I don't know in which way I like you and I don't know in which way I feel for you, heck! I don't even know whether am I doing the right thing, being with you makes me insane and it's addictive " he cupped her right cheek, and his eyes travelled between her eyes to her lips. He leaned closer to her, she closed her eyes feeling his breath against her nose, she almost expected him to kiss her, she opened her eyes when she felt his lips on her forehead.

" Forget about everything, everything happened between us now," he said and left her but she was quick enough to hold his hand.

" Don't run away from me Aadit " she said.

" I am not " he placed his hand over hers.

" Then what are you doing now? " she asked, he stared at her for a second before kneeling in front of her and held her both hands.

" What do you want me to do? "

" Seriously? I don't understand you. Out of nowhere, you say you like me then ask me to forget about everything, have you ever thought about my feelings? " she yelled in frustration

" How can I think about your feelings when I know nothing about how you feel? Have you ever given me a chance to see your true self? Have you ever told me about your feelings? " He asked making her tongue-tied.

" Look into my eyes and tell me, you don't feel anything for me."

" I do..I do feel for you "

" You are right, I should forget about everything," she said. She removed her hands from his grip and left for her room.

Aadit felt that they are not running away from each other or ignoring their feelings instead they both are running away from reality.

They are not running away intentionally. Aadit would say that their allegiance to remaining ignorant has distanced them further and further from where they belong. The reality they face now is so far removed from where they came from that the illusion they created in where they are now is the labyrinth of the maze they are in fighting to escape. They understand more than what they know and they know more than they understand.

He knows he should find a way, a solution as running is not gonna do anything but as far now he feels that it is good to escape for some time.

Sometimes running away from reality is good, isn't it?

Anyway, how was the chapter?

And I am planning to publish ' A love at the bridge ' again but don't know when I will publish it, so, follow me to get notified.