It wasn’t until later on when Crosshair was sitting up in bed with Tech, Dusty and Duster curled up in his lap that the news actually sunk in. He cried silently watching the rain hit the window, it was pouring down which didn’t help his mood but it did allow him time to think. So without hesitation he slipped out of bed, placed his running gear on, grabbed a waterproof coat before he walked down stairs past two Ryker brothers who were curled up on the sofa watching something on the TV with Wolffe and some female sitting beside them. The four lifted their heads to see the silver haired individual who ignored them, Crosshair continued to the outside world where he found his head in much clearer thought. Ignoring the lights on the house going on, Crosshair took off in a jog through the rain, he didn’t care he just needed to clear his head. So, he ran until he couldn’t go any more, which was some miles considering he found himself on the other side of town within two hours and found a place to sit which was on the famous pier, the same one that overlooked several houses below. 

Tears slipped down his face as he pulled his hood on tighter, the breeze was violent as he heard the rumble of thunder in the distance. A sigh escaped his vocal cords as he wiped his face only for more rain to pour down on it. Crosshair only sobbed crashing to his knees, it felt like his world had been torn apart a bit similar to when the military set him up and he had to leave his family. The same family who were miles away from him. He wasn’t aware of how long he sat in the rain but he was aware of the sudden warm blanket being placed around his shoulders followed by someone holding him while ushering him into a car. His blurred vision had him looking up to see two worried individuals standing over him. Without thinking Crosshair allowed the darkness to take over unaware of the panicked faces and voices.

Four Days Later…

A burning sensation in his neck had him snapping awake only for several arms to prevent him from sitting up, he struggled slightly only to be caught by soft arms. 

“Shh Tris, it’s only us” 

That was Hunter but wasn’t his husband meant to be back on holiday. His thoughts were quite confused as he opened his eyes to see a few individuals standing over him with worry. They were Hunter, Fives, Tech and Helix, the medic scanning him. 

“Wht? Hppd?” 

“You ran yourself into exhaustion while catching a flu. You have been unconscious for four days” Tech explained as Helix left with instructions. Crosshair only groaned, “Also, you have not been eating, so eat something. We have a funeral to get too. Hunter, Fives, he’s all yours” Tech said harshly, Crosshair didn’t take offence knowing his twin never meant it. Hunter and Fives could only nod as they did as instructed, even if Crosshair looked like hell and needed the extra oxygen, there was no way in hell he was missing the funeral.

Ignoring the disappointed stares, Crosshair used the shower and made sure to get dressed within record time reminding anyone who had forgotten he was in the military. Walking down the stairs he was met with many individuals who gave him mixed expressions. A particular individual actually glared at him but he didn’t say anything instead he politely acknowledged them. Taking notice that the three older girls were dressed, he noticed that the younger ones were missing but that was quickly confirmed by Fives that an elite member was watching them, in other words Wooley who was Cody’s best-friend, the man was entrusted into the Elite Squad and had been watching the kids a few times when Crosshair had no babysitter. 

Omega, Hera and Amber hugged his waist and whispered words of mixed emotions to him as he led the way out of the house where the rest of them waited. The Ryker brothers immediately hugged him, Crosshair allowed the two to pull him in close before he climbed into the car that would take him to the funeral, one that Crosshair had made sure Kix and Jesse got a perfect one. He even had a protection detail due to who Kix was.