11

Rose's pov

"He wants to see you...alone."

Jin had called me earlier this morning while I was having breakfast with Jimin and Angel. He said it was some sort of emergency, and my mom was here.

It was the first time I'd seen her since she left for Europe. Since then, I haven't seen her. Jhope had assured me she was fine, but I didn't believe him.

Even though my mom can take care of herself. We were all currently sitting around the table as Jin explained the current situation with Mark. Who had left another message for me.

I wasn't too happy to hear that regarding his last message, but this one is entirely different.

"Yes, and think I'm going to go." My mom turned to me a disapproving expression on her face.

"No, you can't. "We don't know what Mark has up his sleeves. For all we know, you could be walking straight into a trap." She's right, but it's a risk I have to take.

"This could help us get one step closer to figuring out what their down plan is. The promising info we have is nothing compared to this opportunity I'm going."

It was Lisa's turn to speak.

"No, you're not. Your mom's right. What if he tries something, then what? We can't be for sure."

"Then I'll figure my way out of it. But I need to do this. I won't let him take this away from me." My mom looked confused... of course.

She would never understand because she was never there. "Take away what from you?"

"My happiness. I've finally found peace and true happiness. If I don't do this, it could all be gone forever, so if he has to lock me in a cell, then so be it."

The room fell silent as everyone's eyes drifted away from me.

"So it's settled, then I'll go see him tomorrow." Jin nodded, and I got up from my chair about to walk out when a hand grabbed hold of my wrist, pulling me back.

I turned around to see my mom she had a worried look on her face. "You have to be careful. Mark doesn't play nicely with anyone ."

I smiled and nodded. I felt a sudden wariness from her words. It has truly been a while since I've felt anything like this.

I guess she's been away so long that I've forgotten what the comfort of having a mother feels like. "I promise to be careful, plus I think I can handle Mark."

Mom sighed. "Don't you understand Roseanne Mark is stronger than us. It doesn't matter how many people we have on our side he'll still be two steps ahead of us."

The smile on my face faded.

I've never seen her like this before. She looks... so scared as if the world is about to callopse on us in less than a minute.

"I understand." She released her grip on my wrist and walked away from me in a hurry. So much for a mother daughter rekindling. I followed behind her heading home.

Park Residence

As I entered the house, the sweet aroma of pasta hit my nose. I took my shoes off and slipped into my house slippers and scurried towards the kitchen.

My eyes fell on Jimin, who was hovered over a boiling pot of pasta and Angel, who sat on top of the lichen island playing on his iPad.

I walked over to him and kissed him the head. "Didn't I tell you I would make dinner tonight." Jimin whipped his head around and smiled towards me.

"Yes, I heard you, but you were taking forever, and Angel got hungry, so I started without you."

I frowned and leaned against the island. Jimin's eyes softened. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll let you do it tomorrow." I quickly shook my head. I wasn't disappointed because he started without me.

I'm disappointed that I made an empty promise that I couldn't fulfill. This mmMark stuff is taking my time away from singing and being a good mom and wife.

"No, it's okay. I'm not upset." He tilted his head. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I can do it another time, plus I've never seen you cook before. I didn't even know you could cook."

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me." He's right there isn't. "Hmm...your right I don't know a lot of things about you." He hummed and continued to prepare dinner.

"I guess we should take some time to get to know me then." "Do you wanna play 20 5 I help you make dinner?"

"That sounds good I've never played before." I gasped. "You've never played 20 questions." He shook his head. "Nope." "Well you do know what it is then don't you?"

"Yea, I do. I've just never played." "Great then I guess there's a first time for everything."

A/N

Sorry I haven't posted in a while I've been busy plus I've been doing a lot for the summer and school just started again so all that has taken up all my time sorry if this is a little short I was running out of ideas.