Tears Of The Balmera

Start from the beginning

"They're heading to the generator room now. We'll be able to get in soon enough." She informs us.

"So, what happens after we get inside? What do we do about Sendak?" I ask.

"I have a plan, and I'm going to need you both if we want this to work." Allura says.

Allura explains her plan and I listen carefully to make sure I follow her every detail of it. When she tells us the part of what I have to do, I become more nervous than I was before.

"You mean... we have to face Sendak?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yes, that's exactly what she means." Keith says.

"Um... is there any chance that we could distract him from a distance?" I ask.

"No, I need you both to keep his attention and focus on you, just long enough for me to set the trap." Allura says.

Well, at least we know our next step to fixing all of this. But that doesn't seem to make me feel better.

It's not that I don't want to fight Sendak, mostly. The reason why I'm nervous is because I'm not sure if I can be of enough help when we do.

I've been forced to fight Commander Sendak before when I was locked up and even now, I still remember the smug and creepy look on his face when he stood over me after beating me up several times. I'm not sure how much of a difference it will be when I have to do it again.

No. I need to stop thinking like that.

Keith told me that I should stay calm and focus on the task at hand. And it's like what Shiro said: 'If we want to get through this, we've got to do it together.'

>>>--->

I feel like it's been vargas since we last contacted Pidge and Allura called for the mice, even though time is hard to keep track of while we're still here outside. I'm trying not to think about pacing again, but I can't stop thinking about the others, sans Keith and Allura.

I hope everyone else is okay. I hope Hunk and Coran aren't having any trouble getting back here with the crystal. I hope Pidge is handling whatever trouble he was in. I hope Lance is holding up well with his injuries. And I hope Shiro isn't suffering too badly from being Sendak's prisoner again.

And most importantly, I hope the mice can hurry up and shut down the particle barrier soon.

Ironically, they do! Not a moment later, the force field powers down and disappears.

"It worked!" Keith says.

"They did it!" Allura exclaims.

Thank goodness for those mice.

As soon as the barrier's gone, we immediately run toward the castle. We make it through the entrance and up the stairs in the ballroom toward the hallway. But as I run, my mind begins to wander towards the plan for when we have to fight Sendak.

I stare deeply into the violet lit hallway and suddenly, an image of Sendak charging at me flashes before my eyes.

I gasp and freeze in my tracks, my claws scratching on the floor as I stop myself. I breathe heavily as my body starts to sweat.

Memories of the pain and fear I felt on the day of my second trial are returning to me, my heart is beating so hard, it's pounding through my ears.

"Kayleigha?" Allura asks.

"What's wrong?" Keith asks. Their voices sound muffled by the distortion.

I breathe heavily as I stare down at my claws, my whole body starts shaking in fear.