Chapter 22 - 2 weeks later

Jonte saw the kids off to school. He was no closer neither was any of the other underworld people that he knew would be able to scope out Theo and where he might be. Theo had gone to ground, Kurtis had been kept close and beaten to within an inch of his life and he knew nothing.

Theo left the ruins opposite his brothers home and had taken Mina with him, he had left no forwarding details.

Jonte arrived at the trap, he was now deep in the underworld again. He had to immerse himself back in it to get peoples trust and get them to talk.
He knew someone, somewhere would know something, and he would continue digging until he had some snippet of info to go on.

His cell rang and he sighed out hard

His cell rang and he sighed out hard. He saw it was Ruby calling again. He grind his jaw and picked up the call. "Why the fuck are you calling me..."

"I need to know how you are..

"You need to stop Ruby... I figured out yo game a long time ago.. I know the reason that you got close to me... I'm not yo sugar daddy... you knew I was married and even though she is not here right now... that doesn't mean you get a chance with me... I'm just telling you straight before you get any ideas...."

Ruby quieted. "But we got close and I just assumed...

"We talked.. you may have wanted more so I am just letting you know now.. because I don't lead people on..." he ended the call.

Kris looked at him. "You good man?.."

"What do you think...

"That Ruby is a hot lil piece... I mean, I wouldn't blame you..

Jonte stared at him. "Many moons ago.. I would have... but since Mina and the kids..." he shook his head. "I didn't want anyone else... I was complete my life was full..."

"Man... don't talk about her in a past tense... she's still alive and we will find her..."

"The thing is it's been 2 weeks man.. what if he's done something bad to her... what would he be doing with her all this time..."

"Don't dwell on it.. we will get a lead on his ass soon.." Kris said.

————

".... Wakey, wakey, sleepy head.."

Mina scrunched up her eyes as Theo came into her underground dwelling. He put a tray in front of her. She stayed in the corner of the room on the mattress on the floor, her eyes eagerly watching him as he walked around to her. "Smile" he said to her with a big grin on his lips. "You need to eat something..." he sat next to her and picked up the spoon, he put it in the bowl and lifted it to her lips.

" he sat next to her and picked up the spoon, he put it in the bowl and lifted it to her lips