Chapter 12 - Pride & Hurt

"Mommy where's dad?." Nell asked.

"He had to umm... he had to go back to work quickly.. so eat your food because we have dessert and then it's bed time..."

"Can I wait up for him?."

"I don't know when he'll be back sweetheart... so probably not a good idea when you've got school tomorrow.. you'll see him in the morning."
She swallowed hard and she looked at her cell as a message came through from an unknown number.
She read it.

Unknown
I'm thinking of you, always remember that. Tx

Mina
Leave me the hell alone. I am not going to dinner with you, I am not doing anything with you! Do not contact me.

She put her cell down as her heart pounded in her chest.

————

Jonte and Kris had decided to pull the meet forward. Jonte was in the mood to be the old him right now, ruthless, evil and callous. He realised there was no better way to get it out of his system than this meeting.

Kris walked into the bar to meet Jonte. He smiled. "You're eager.. pulling this meet forward.."

"I just wanna get it done, but I'm telling you if anyone pisses me off I'm going to fuck them up

"I just wanna get it done, but I'm telling you if anyone pisses me off I'm going to fuck them up...you don't even know what kind of mood I'm in right now." He told him as he downed his henny and poured him self another one from the bottle that was sitting in front of him on the table.

Kris raised his eyebrows at him. "Bad day at the office?" He said questioningly with a hint of sarcasm.

Jonte looked at him. "Personal.. but it ain't nothing that I can't handle!."

Kris received a text message.

Guvnor
We can meet today, my new partner will be with me too. We'll see you at Cheney's 10pm.

Kris looked at Jonte. "Well it's on.. we'll be meeting them in less than 2 hours."

Jonte nodded

Jonte nodded. "Good..
He felt his cell buzz and he took it out of his pocket. He saw it was a text from Mina. He opened it and read it.

Mina
I love you, it meant absolutely nothing to me. But he won't leave me alone now, he's blackmailing me. Jonte, if there's one thing I hate more in this world it's fighting with you. I swear to you that I stopped before anything happened, I came to my senses and that was because you are the only man for me. Please come home, please I love you.