Chapter 6 - Too close

Jonte had to keep up appearances at the strip club, and as the time rolled onto towards 2 am, all he could think about was his bed, and getting back to see Mina because he knew that he had upset her and that was on his mind. All that he wanted to do was get this piece of business out of the way so that he could concentrate on his family once again.

Kris looked at him. "we're going to head to another club, there is one not far from here called mojitos... It's open until 6 am but they shut the doors at 2:30 so we need to go.." he said.

Greg smiled. "I'm up for that..."
Jonte was not impressed that he was tagging along to.

Jonte caught up with Kris ahead of the others. "I need to be getting home soon.."

"Man, Will you listen to yo self... What is she gonna do smack yo ass and put you to bed for being a naughty boy!.."

"don't be a motherfucker Kris, you know this isn't me anymore!

"don't be a motherfucker Kris, you know this isn't me anymore!."

He put his hand on his shoulder. "judging by the way you dealt with Greg earlier, I think you know yo self that you very much wish you were back in the game... you just don't want to upset wifey!.." he said and walked out to the cars followed by Greg and his security.

————-

"You're so funny." Honey said to Theo. Who had literally spent all night since they had arrived at mojitos with Mina and her friends.
"I can't believe you two hooked up in college and I didn't even know... You kept that quiet Mina!." Chelsea said.

"I knew!" Lucille said happily. "I knew everything that my girl was doing, she discussed their relationship in detail with me.."

Theo looked at Mina and raised his eyebrows. "Oh you did huh...

"don't worry Theo, it is all good news... I think she would have stayed with you if circumstances wouldn't have gotten in the way.." Lucille added. She then laughed. "I joke, I don't know anything."

"well I'm heading to the bar to get us another round of drinks... Wait right here for me ladies" Theo said but his eyes were firmly fixed on Mina.

As he walked away Lucille turned to Mina. "oh my God, he is so still into you!... He hasn't taken his eyes off you all night."

"I'm married, and you know that" she said with a smile on her face and her eyebrows raised, she was feeling slightly drunk now.
The girls all smiled at her.
"Okay, he is cute... He's definitely grown since college... but I'm married." She said.