Prologue

"If anyone objects speak now or forever hold your peace."

I sat in the fifth row next to 3 of my best friends. Niall on my left has his hand on my knee, he only came to support me and I came to support him...the groom. Zayne sat to my right biting his bottom lip and Liam was on his right shaking his head. They too came as support. When a boy you grew up with, lived on the same block as or even next door to, was getting married...you showed up.

"I'm sorry. I can't." Liam whispers as he gets up and walks to his right to the back of the church and out the door.

My eyes stay locked forward. I see his blue eyes and I see the hurt in them.

"I'm sorry Lou." Zayne whispers and I see the groom mouth the words 'it's okay.' Zayne gets up and follows Liam out.

Brown eyes meet mine and she looks pissed. Eleanor. His college girlfriend and the one person who doesn't like me at all. She is definitely bridezilla mad. I can almost read the thought on her face. 'How dare they do this at my wedding?' I look down and take a deep breath.

Seconds turn to a minute and I can feel it all coming back. The secrets. The kisses. The 'I love you'. The lovemaking. The sneaking in windows. The years and years of memories that started when I was only 5 years old. I look back up and sniffle as I stand up.

Hurt. Pain. Heartbreak. Love. Agony.

'Haz.' He mouths.

I shake my head.

"I'm sorry." I whisper as I follow where Zayne and Liam went.

Yeah I know you're supposed to show up...but sometimes that's too much to ask.