Alternate Endings

1) Somehow, the one time that they frick-fracked led to a baby/Fionna ended up marrying someone else.

The princess Jazz watched the people scurry around, before sitting down and biting into a jam tart that she had grabbed from the Royal Kitchens. No one would find her here, tucked away in a part of the castle that no one really went into.

She heard the door open and close, and she moved underneath a table that was covered with a long white cloth to remain out of sight and out of trouble.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Jazz heard her mother ask.

"The illegitimate child." Jazz's father replied.

"She is not illegitimate!" Fionna hissed back.

"And she is not my daughter, and I am your only husband!" Jazz guessed that they were talking about her younger sister, Desdemona. That was sad. She liked Desdemona. She liked being her sister. Would Desdemona have to go now?

"That doesn't matter. You knew I was pregnant with her, and you still married me!"

"Because I assumed we could pass the child off as mine!"

Now that was odd. Jazz couldn't remember a time without both of her parents.

"What does it matter?! Desdemona will inherit your land, Jahzara will inherit mine!" Fionna growled.

"Or she could inherit the Unknown Lands." Jazz's father snapped. "Haven't you heard? That demon is back in Duine waters."

"He told me he'd never dock in a Duine port again." Jazz finished her jam tart. Demons were interesting. She'd seen a few, and they told cool stories. It was sad that this demon wasn't coming back.

"He's obviously changed his mind! We should just appease him by letting him take the girl, or he may take you again."

"He'd never kidnap me again. And the Shadow is no place for a child."

"Really? Because yesterday, I found Jahzara hanging upside-down trying to get a tooth to fall out! She'd do amazingly on a ship!"

Jazz remembered that. It had not been fun to be yelled at, and the tooth didn't even come out! She wiggled it with her tongue a little.

"Why did you bring me in here? To talk about Marshall?"

"Because I'm afraid that you're going to let the little illegitimate demon get everything that should go to my children!"

Jazz peeked out from underneath the table. Who was he talking about, anyway? Desdemona was his favorite. He'd never be mad at her. And what did 'illegitimate' mean anyway?

"Jazz is the oldest, so she will get the crown following my death. It doesn't matter if she's not your child, it only matters if she's my child."

"You gave birth to a demon, and nothing will ever change that." Jazz's father hissed, grabbing Fionna's arm. "You gave birth to a bastard demon, and out of the goodness of my heart, I pretended that she was my child. But now you're pushing to leave your legitimate children out of the loop, and only provide for her. Jahzara is a demon, and she's always going to be a demon! She should have just been left to the wolves long ago!" Jazz frowned. Her father always used her full name, and she didn't like that. She didn't really like the idea of being left to wolves either, and it didn't sound like he was complimenting her.