❛ LOOK AT HOW HE'S SMILING ❜

PRETTY LADY LOOK AT HOW HE'S
SMILING, I THINK HE LIKES YOU

❝ PRETTY LADY LOOK AT HOW HE'SSMILING, I THINK HE LIKES YOU ❞

"barb, it's been so long." the girl rushes to the door, holding it open for the elderly lady that just walked in. she thanks her, and gives her a sweet smile as she walks in and takes a seat in the corner. "how are you doing?"

she sits down beside the woman, and beams at her. barbara had been a regular customer for a long time, and the two had become close over their shared time in the building. recently, she hadn't come in, and the girl was beginning to worry.

"oh, don't sound so worried, sweetness." barbara waves a hand, dismissing her caring tone. "i've been better than ever since charlie retired. we just sit and listen to the radio all day, it's like we've already died and gone to heaven."

the girl narrowed her eyes at the woman, playfully, looking up at her through furrowed brows. "come on now, barb, if you beat me up there who's going to froth your cappuccinos just the way you like?"

barbara snickers, raising her shoulders, mischievously. "you're right, sweetness, no one can do it like you."

the girl smiles at her reaction, finding her adorable. she stands from the table, and tucks her hands into her apron. "did you want your usual on the side?"

"it warms my heart that you still remember."

"how could i ever forget my most loyal customer's order?" with that, the girl moves to behind the front counter, and begins making barbara's coffee, first.

the bell above the door jingles, and a loud voice fills the tiny space. "alright, which one is she?"

already laced with annoyance, ready to tell the customer to quiet down, she opens her mouth to shout to them, but the words don't make it out. instead, she lets go of the handle on the machine and narrows her eyes at the sight at the door.

she almost wants to rub her eyes to make sure she was seeing this properly. to make sure she was actually seeing double.

osamu finds her gaze and smiles at her, straight away. the boy next to him, a replica of the former, follows his gaze and meets her incredulous face.

the blond wastes no time skipping over to the counter and mimicking her actions. he stuffs his hands into his jacket pockets, leaning down toward her, stopping an inch away from her.

as atsumu looks at her, she tilts her head taking in all of his appearance. as she does so, she keeps flickering her eyes over to osamu, who watches them silently. she looks back and forth between the two as she studies atsumu, almost as if comparing them.

when she is satisfied with her analysis, she leans back, standing straight. "interesting."

osamu walks up closer to the counter, stopping beside his brother. "this is atsumu, my brother, unfortunately." he mumbles the last word, and atsumu nods proudly, not hearing him. the girl laughs at this, nodding back. "atsumu, this is―"

"―my future auntie-in-law, i know who this is." he narrows his eyes, and then grins, widely. the girl's eyes narrow at atsumu's retort, and she sends a look to osamu who has already smacked his brother on the back of the head.

"not auntie, dumbass."

"but you said, last night, you really hope you―"

"―i said i really hope i don't regret bringing you here but it seems i already do." osamu looks at his brother with a blank face.

when atsumu's face falls, they look like a mirror image, with the flat looks on their faces. they bicker between themselves a little longer, when atsumu's phone rings and he leaves the shop to answer it.

"i told you." osamu says, getting right up to the counter, leaning his elbows on it. "he's loud, and annoying, and dumb."

the girl smiles at him, shaking her head. "he's the exact opposite of you, just like you said." she's quiet, and osamu can see the gears turning in her brain.

"what is it?" he asks her, with a sigh.

"it's just..." she bites her lip, trying to word it in her head, first. "it's so fascinating how twins can grow up to be so different, you know."

osamu shrugs, keeping his eye on her. "he just didn't seem to develop any brain cells in the womb."

she laughs, returning to the coffee she was making for barbara. osamu watches her work, not saying a word.

once she's finished, and grabbed the coffee in one hand and dessert in the other, she walks past osamu, giving him one last look.

he stays where he is as she makes her way to the elderly woman, and places down her drink and food. barbara looks up at her, and immediately points her finger at osamu. the girl looks in the direction of her finger and sees osamu awkwardly wave, and then look down at the counter.

"pretty lady, did you see the way he was smiling?" she looks at barbara again, and she has an all knowing smile on her face. "i think he likes you."

she watched osamu occupy his hands with a straw, just about to reply to barbara, when the bell rings above the door again.

and just like before, a loud voice accompanies it. "alright bro, treat me to a muffin or something."

atsumu links arms with the girl as he walks past her, dragging her along with him. she sends barbara a shrug, to which the woman only smiled at.

the trio sat down in osamu's booth, and as much as the girl wanted to sit and chat, there was a couple customers waiting at the till.

"oh wow, are you actually doing your job for once?" osamu commented, with a feign look of shock on his face. the girl rolls her eyes, standing from the table.

"i do my job very often." she steps backwards, then shrugs. "you're just never here when it happens."

she retreats away from the booth, and begins serving customers. osamu watches her for another second and then when he looks at atsumu, his face looks concerned.

the blond points at the not so subtle smile on his brother's lips. "what is that on your face? are you sick?"

osamu hits him in the face with a menu, and then drops it in front of him, for him to read. "do you want your stupid muffin or not?"

"well, duh."

"then shut up."

next part is the last part )':