❛ SHE BELIEVES IN FATE ❜

BUT IT'S TOO LATE,
SHE BELIEVES IN FATE

❝ BUT IT'S TOO LATE,SHE BELIEVES IN FATE ❞

"do you believe in things like fate?"

osamu blinked at the girl, pondering her question. it was a little busy at the cafe, but the manager had called in two extra workers and there weren't any new customers waiting to be served. she took this as an opportunity to converse with her favourite customer.

"haven't really thought about it." osamu shrugs, closing his laptop screen. "i just kind of think whatever happens, happens, y'know?"

the girl groaned, throwing her head into her hands upon hearing the response. "that is so boring." she peeked at him through the gaps inbetween her fingers. "you're so boring." dropping her hands, she leaned forward on her elbows, getting closer to osamu. "you don't think that there's maybe some things that are just destined to happen, no matter what?"

osamu looked at her with a raised brow. he had sometimes wondered the topic himself, but never to this degree. his conversations in the dark with atsumu, in the middle of the night, sometimes did make sense.

"like what if no matter where you were born, or who you met, or who influenced you; at the end of the day, you'd still end up opening your own restaurant?" she offered the idea, and osamu looked at her incredulously.

he had never thought about it that way. to be honest, he had never really thought about such a concept at all. yet, he knew that the topic was something the girl in front of him has definitely stayed awake at night thinking about. she had discussed the topic of fate plenty of times before, but they hadn't yet shared a conversation on the matter.

"so like if i was born in america, or something, and still opened up my own place there?"

the girl nodded her head slightly, happy to see that osamu was willing to try and understand. "yeah, or think about it this way, what if no matter where my mum would have been from, i would have still ended up moving and living in japan. because it was fate that i start a life here and meet the people i've met."

osamu now nods his head, too, slowly grasping onto the explanation she's giving him. "so even if your parents where from somewhere else, you'd still, i dunno, have a holiday here or something and end up deciding to stay?"

the girl nodded again, this time more enthusiastically. "yeah, and it's the same with people, you know." osamu watched as her eyes lit up while she spoke. he loved watching her talk about something she found so interesting. "like say if you weren't born a twin, but somewhere along the line you met someone who was exactly the same as atsumu, like personality wise. and he ends up staying in your life. all because you were meant to have a person like him in your life to influence you the way he has. or if i didn't work at this particular cafe, we'd still end up bumping into each other at one of atsumu's volleyball games or something. either way you still end up with the same people in your life."

osamu looked at her for a few seconds, and the girl smiled sheepishly, sinking in her chair when she realised she had gone on a bit of a tangent. she muttered a quiet apology, slightly embarrassed she had let herself ramble on foe so long. "no, no, don't apologise." osamu laughs and shales his head at her. "you ever considered being like a philosopher or something?"

the girl scoffed at him, any glimmer of embarrassment now gone, as she gawked at osamu. "me? a philosopher? you think my sarcastic ass is serious enough for something like that?"

the boy took a breath and scrunched up his face in thought. pursing his lips, he looked at her and began nodding. "you're right actually." softening his face, he keeps his eyes locked on hers. "you seem to be seriously into the whole fate thing though."

the girl in front of him hummed, agreeing with his observation, letting her chin rest in the palms of her hands. her elbow sit comfortably on the top of the table, and she focuses on the lettering on osamu's hoodie. she didn't speak for a moment, and osamu let her remain quiet as her mind wandered.

he sat silently, watching her as her eyes remained still, spacing out at her mind raced. he knew that she would zone out often, shifting into her own little world and forgetting about the moment she was in, but he had never witnessed it happen. he liked how her face fell into a peaceful rest, and how the bustling atmosphere of the cafe only seemed to compliment the ghost of a smile on her face as she daydreamed. she looked so in place that it almost made him jealous.

he tried fighting the smile that started making its way onto his lips, but he was unsuccesful in his battle. it made him glad to see her like this.

she was the one to break the silence, lifting her gaze up to osamu's gray eyes. "what are you looking at, creep?"

"you."

the syllable had left his lips before he could process it. she felt the blush creep up on her cheeks, but she refused to welcome it to the surface. not yet. "well, stop. or i might have to file a restraining order against you."

osamu laughed and shook his head at her reply. "okay, okay." his gaze shifted to the several tables of customers behind her. he caught a glimpse of a woman looking around, frantically, a slight frown on her lips. "think she might need your help."

the girl followed his gaze and saw the woman in question. "if you wanted me to go, you could've just asked." she tells him, standing up from her seat. osamu furrowed her brows at her as if you say you know that's not what i meant, and she smiled at him in response, letting him know she was only joking.

he watched her walk away and greet the lady sitting at one of the booths. osamu couldn't make out what they were conversing about but he couldn't take his eyes off the soft, genuine, smile that the girl displayed for the table. the woman said something to her, and the girl laughed along. she then proceeded to make a comment herself, at which the whole table shared a unison laugh.

he admired that about the girl. she was incredibly good with people, which more than he could say for himself. she knew exactly the right thing to say and even managed to calmly deal with any rude customers.

he didn't know how she did it, but he admired her for it nonetheless.

he sighed as he continued watching her weave back and forth between the tables and chairs, holding several plates and cups in her hands as she went.

he wondered for a second if it was fate for them to meet. he chuckled after the thought, shaking his head, to himself. she was getting more and more under his skin by the day.

although, it would be a lie if he said he minded the feeling.

i haven't proof read this sos, i have a headache