❛ YOU HAVE MADE HER WONDER ❜

BUT HANDSOME STRANGER, YOU HAVE
MADE HER WONDER; IS SHE PRETTY?

it was the middle of the evening as the duo sat at osamu's designated table in the corner of the cafe

the girl had brought over his coffee and a hot toastie, and took a seat beside him. she watched him click all over the keyboard, opening all kinds of apps and windows. it made her think he was stalling.

osamu had kept the project he had been working on a secret, and, per his promise to her the night they danced, he was willing to show her now that he was mostly done with it.

she sat in her seat, eagerly, wiggling her hips side to side as he turned the screen away from her, and then looked at her expectantly. he clicked two more times on the mousepad, and then spun the laptop screen her way so she could see. she squinted her eyes and took in everything that was displayed on the screen.

there was a logo of some sort at the top of the document, and she recognised it as a drawing she had absentmindedly scribbled on a napkin as she sat and spoke to osamu one day. she looked down beneath it, and there was a blank line in the middle of the page. underneath that, there was a list of foods along with prices and descriptions of the dishes.

the girl raised her eyebrows, quickly, and turned to osamu with a smile on her face. the boy had been watching her, silently, trying to gauge any reaction from her. "is this for your restaurant?" she asked him, excitedly, and he nodded proudly. once he realised that she was as excited about the project as he was, a smile began making its way onto his face.

looking back at the screen, the girl pointed her index finger at the blank line in the middle of the white page. "what's that for?"

"i don't have a name for it yet." he admitted, and the girl leaned back from the screen, and readjusted herself sideways so that she could look at him.

"is this what took you so long?" she teased, and osamu rolled his eyes. "some logo and a bit of maths?"

he scrunched his face up in defence and pointed at the logo, big and proud on the screen. "it took me like two weeks to figure out how to upload your stupid drawing from napkin to digital."

she laughed at his comment and then looked back at the drawing. it made her feel somewhat honoured that he had decided to use her art for something as important as his restaurant logo. "you could have just asked me to draw it out for you on paper, since that's what i'm good at." she playfully poked at his words a few weeks prior, and he picked up on it.

he smiled at her sheepishly, and scratched the back of his neck up and down. "it wouldn't have been a surprise, that way." she smiled at him, but didn't say anything. "what?"

"nothing." refusing to admit that she had just found it adorable that he wanted to surprise her, she nodded at his laptop screen, spinning her body to face it once again. "go on then, talk me through it."

the two sat there, analysing the details that osamu was willing to reveal. a lot of it, she didn't really understand, and even after the boy had explained it to her in detail, she was still clueless. osamu talked to her about the colour schemes and designs of the interior, and she adored his how eyes glimmered as he talked about his future.

she wished she could find that feeling.

some time had passed, and she checked the time on her watch. "break time's over. just in time for happy hour, yay." her voice was monotone as she spoke, and osamu laughed at her antics. she groaned and threw her head onto his shoulder, attempting to relish in the last few moments before she admitted herself back into the land of customer service.

"you'll be fine, you've done it plenty of times before." osamu reached up behind her back, and ruffled her hair. the girl sighed and hummed in agreement. osamu caught a glimpse of the top of her head as his fingers moved around in her hair, and noticed that her roots were starting to peak out more prominently since she had dyed her hair. "your hair's going multicoloured."

she sat up, looking at him, confused. "your roots." he threw his hand up, pointing upward.

she nodded, letting him know that she had also noticed. "i'm channeling my inner kenma, i'll be rocking the half and half any time now."

osamu laughed along, shaking his head lightly. "you should dye it back to your natural colour."

"why?" she raised an eyebrow, suspiciously. "is that your type?"

he shook his head. "redheads, actually." he teased and sent her a playful smile. she couldn't tell if he was joking or not, but she rolled her eyes and raised herself from the seat as she noticed a small group of people walk into the cafe.

"well in that case, i'll be dying it jet black. can't have you falling for me."

osamu chuckled, grabbing his laptop, bringing it closer to him. "in order for that to not happen, you'd have to switch up your whole personality." he muttered the words quietly, and when she didn't reply he looked up. following her gaze, he watched as a pair of girls enter the door to the cafe.

"hey look, she's a pretty redhead." she commented, and osamu hummed, thinking.

she looked down at him, and he raised his eyes from his laptop, meeting her gaze when he saw movement. she raised her brow, and osamu nodded, realising she was expecting a reply. "i agree."

the girl wanted to frown and run away from the table, but instead she plastered on a smirk, and stepped away from osamu's table. she made her way to the first group of people that had come in, smiling at them. "good evening, everyone. anyone know what they're having or would you like a few more minutes to browse?"

two out of the five people sitting at the table dived right in with their orders, and the lack of checking the menu let her know that they had been here before. she wrote down their orders, maintaining a smile on her face, but she couldn't help the nagging at the back of her mind.

she moved onto the table with the two girls, and greeted them with the same introduction as she did the other group. they were still undecided but ordered a few drinks to start. she had looked at the redhead while she spoke and she couldn't help but notice that was in fact, very pretty.

as she waited for their drinks to pour from the machines, her mind began wondering if she could ever match up to her standards. she wondered if her eyes lit up like her green ones, or if her jawline complimented her collarbones, like the redhead's did.

her eyes wandered upward and landed on osamu who was looking off into the direction of where the other girl sat. she watched him for a second, and after a while he blinked a few times, and then looked around. their eyes met, and osamu smiled.

she looked back down at the coffee that was nearly done, and her face fell. was she as pretty as the redhead?

 was she as pretty as the redhead?

you are as pretty as the redhead

i've had an excruciating headache all day ima go sleep it off