❛ YOU HAVE MADE HER HAPPY ❜

HANDSOME STRANGER, YOU HAVE MADE
HER HAPPY. THE FIRST IN A LONG TIME

the girl smiled to herself as she loaded the dishwasher with dirty plates and cutlery

the girl smiled to herself as she loaded the dishwasher with dirty plates and cutlery. the water from the sink was hitting the metal harshly, some of the droplets firing back her way, soaking her apron, but she didn't care.

osamu had taken her ice skating the weekend before, for their date. when he announced the location for their outing, her heart inflated with so many feelings, it almost hurt. when they first met, they shared a conversation about things and places they wanted to visit, and the girl had told him that she dreamed of going ice skating.

she was surprised to realise that he had remembered that, and he had proudly stated that he remembers most of the things she tells him. the rest of the night consisted of osamu being asked question after question, a quiz on the girl, to which his answers were mostly correct. the rest of the night was spent with osamu teaching her how to skate.

she got the hang of it, in the end, and eventually the two of them were the only ones left in the rink, as everyone else had left and gone home.

she was convinced that she officially could not fall any more for him. she had finalised it in her mind after he had dropped her off at her house, at the end of the night. she noticed how she only heard his car drive away once she'd closed her front door, safe inside.

he had her wrapped entirely around his finger, and she was slightly worried that he wouldn't feel the same way.

of course, she wasn't blind, she saw and noticed the subtle hints that he would leave for her, here and there. she remembered every compliment he had given her, and she knew that there was some sort of attraction there, but she didn't know if it was enough for him to act on it.

she couldn't deny that she had been smiling a lot more often when he was around, and she felt herself really enjoying the time she spent with him.

one of her coworkers, sacha, walked into the kitchen behind her. the girl had been so in her thoughts that she didn't hear her when she first spoke. sacha tapped her on the shoulder, and she spun around so quick, that she had got sacha's apron wet from the soaking plate that she held in her hands, unintentionally throwing the water at her.

"you must be really smitten by this boy, huh?"

the girl furrowed her face toward her, a little lost. had she not been spaced out when she walked in she would have heard sacha ask her, "not slacking off work with your friend, today?".

"what?" the girl looked at her, the plate still in hand. sacha repeated her prior question, to which the girl rolled her eyes and turned back around towards the sink. "i'm not slacking, i'm just keeping myself preoccupied when i don't have anything to do."

"well you know what the boss always says, if you got time to lean-"

"-you got time to clean, i know." the girl finished off, with a pointed look toward sacha. her coworker laughed at the look on her face, and grabbed a clean cloth from the bucket.

sacha paused, and looked at the girl for a second, watching her work. it was impossible to miss the upturn of her lips, one of those smiles when you don't even realise you're smiling. she chuckled, and the girl turned around at the sound.

"you two look good together." sacha commented, and, yet again, the girl rolled her eyes. "you keep rolling them eyes but you know i'm right. don't tell me you haven't imagined the two of you together."

"well, duh, i have." she admits, placing the plate into the dishwasher once she had successfully scrubbed off the ketchup stain. "i don't know, sach. he just makes me so happy, and i can't remember the last time i felt like this. i like it."

she looks at her coworker, who is now smiling ear to ear at the sound of her confession. as she steps backwards to leave the back kitchen, she points her finger at the girl. "if you guys don't end up getting married and have kids with a nice big house and like three dogs, i will no longer believe in love."

tilting her head, the girl sent her a flat look. "no pressure."

"no, none at all." sacha smiles her, one final time and then spins around disappearing behind the corner.

looking back down at the sink, the girl eyes up the entrance band to the ice skating rink, still attached around her wrist. it was paper, so the water had began to soak it beyond recognition, but she couldn't make herself take it off the night before.

it had slipped her mind this morning, and now part of her regrets leaving it on.

still though, as she detached the now soggy strip of paper from her wrist, she couldn't wipe the smile off her lips.

osamu had become a source of happiness, one that she never knew she needed. and she was glad for it.

my bf is asleep next to me and honestly thank god for noise cancelling earphones bc why tf does he snore so loud