❛ DANCE AROUND THE ROOM ❜

SHE WANTS TO DANCE AROUND THE ROOM,
KISS YOU UNTIL HER LIPS TURN BLUE

the girl had just turned over the 'we're open, come on in' sign, closing the store for the night

the girl had just turned over the 'we're open, come on in' sign, closing the store for the night. it wasn't a second later that she noticed a figure about to cross the road, outside. straining her eyes, she recognised osamu's signature lavender hoodie, with the printed fox in the centre, as he walked under a streetlamp. he started waving at her as soon as he realised she was looking his way.

he had often visited her in the shop after she closed, and he usually just sat in the corner, in his usual booth, as she finished up mopping the floor and clearing the tables from the last customers. she sighed, and unlocked the door again, opening it for him when he was close enough. he smiled at her and thanked her, walking in.

she didn't say anything as she locked the door again, behind him. the world outside had gone quiet, and the only sound the duo could hear was the dishwashers working in the back, and the faint music still playing over the speakers. after closing the shop, the girl would connect to the speakers through her phone, and play her own tunes as she finished up her shift.

tonight, though, osamu noticed that the same songs from the radio remained to play on repeat. "this is odd. why aren't you listening to 5 seconds of summer, already?"

the girl would've probably chuckled, or at least huffed, at the comment, usually. today had been a tough shift, for her, though. there were more rude customers than usual, and osamu hadn't actually stopped by the cafe earlier today. as much as she hated to admit it, that probably had something to do with her off-ish mood at the moment.

"just haven't gotten around to it, yet, i guess." those few words were all it took for osamu to pick up on her bad mood. he watched as she walked through the gap in the front counter and made her way to the washing machine, that had just sang its ending song.

he placed his hands in his pockets, following her through to the kitchen in the back. it wasn't the first time he had wandered off into a part of the cafe that he, as a customer, was not technically allowed in. but the girl was the only one closing tonight, since it was a weekday, and he knew that she would never be strict enough to tell him he should wait out front.

he leaned his back on the wall and watched, in silence, as she opened up the washing machine door. she grabbed a red bucket that was filled with sanitised water, and placed it on the top of the appliance. then, she started her usual routine of ringing out the freshly washed cloths over the sink, and then folding them neatly, leaving the material to soak in the bucket.

he waited until she had done this three or four times, before he couldn't take the silence anymore. it wasn't like her at all to stay this quiet, for this long. especially around him.

"hey." he walked up behind her, and placed a hand on her shoulder. she didn't turn around at the contact, but she did stop what she was doing. "what's going on? are you okay?"

the girl took a deep breath, but osamu didn't miss the shudder in her shoulders. when he realised that there was something more going on than just a bad mood, he spun her around, and looked at her. his heart shattered at the sight of tears pooling at her bottom lashes, the hairs barely managing to hold back the emotion. "hey, it's okay."

he didn't waste another second, pulling her in close into his chest. his left hand was placed gently, yet firmly, on the side of her head as she leaned into him. his other hand rubbed circles on her back.

that's when her body started to shake, and her throat could no longer contain the faint sobs that she had been holding in all day. the boy had no idea what may have caused her to break down like this, but he was glad that he decided to come see her tonight. initially, he was just going to head home, but then something told him to take the detour and stop by the cafe.

when she lifted her arms, and wrapped them tightly around his torso, he did the same. his hold on her tightened, and he brought his head close to the top of hers. he wanted to ask her what had happened to affect her like this, but decided against it - if she wanted him to know, she would tell him.

they stood, hugging each other, for another minute or so and the space became quiet once again as the girl calmed down. she pulled away from the boy, and wiped at her face. "sorry." she chuckled at the sight of his hoodie, seeing the two little wet patches from her tears.

osamu looked down, and threw his hands up in the air, dramatically. "now look what you've done."

"hey, at least i'm not wearing any make up today."

osamu took a breath, and shrugged. "fair."

she looked at him for a second, not saying a word. then, she furrowed his brows at him, her eyes lighting up suddenly. osamu recognised the spark returning in her features, and he smiled, happy to see that she was no longer upset.

he supposed that all she had needed was a good cry.

"i can't believe you let me start closing without putting 5SOS on." she pretended to be offended and pulled out her phone from her apron. she doesn't look up from it as she moved to the other side of the room, and plugs her phone into the system.

blender begins to play through the room, and osamu sighs. he didn't listen to the band, nor did he intend to, but because of how often the girl played this song, he unfortunately knew the majority of the words. she starts singing to him, her grin taking over her face, and osamu couldn't help but smile, too, at the sight of her.

as she dances past him, she grabs his hand and pulls him along with her as she exits the kitchen and makes her way onto the main floor where she had cleared a space earlier.

she holds both of osamu's hands, lifting them up with her as she dances and sings along. even though his expression reads annoyance, the smile on his face invalidates it. reluctantly, he also begins singing along and dancing as the song progresses.

and as they dance around the room, and sing the lines of the song to each other, the girl only wished she could kiss him until her lips turned blue.

insert ur own fav band and song🫶🏻

i have, on many occasions, had to take 5 after a rude customer at work to have a lil frustrated cry, it happens to the best of us