❛ WHISPER IN HER EAR ❜

DID YOU JUST WHISPER IN HER EAR?
WORDS SHE ONLY DREAMED TO HEAR?

it was a slow wednesday afternoon, and the girl chewed on the inside of her cheek, watching the customers in the cafe

osamu hadn't come in just yet, but he usually did on wednesdays. he had text her the night before that he had some errands to run in the morning so he would probably stop by the shop quite late.

she understood, but she still couldn't deny that it was annoying having to wait for him. she wanted to see him every minute of every day, if she could.

since their first date a few weeks ago, they had gone out twice more. both times, osamu had skipped the hi, how are you and jumped right to you look gorgeous. it was unexplainable, what those three simple words would do to her.

her heart would race, her cheeks would get warm and her face would light up. osamu enjoyed watching her try and hide the smile on her face, when he complimented her. to him, it was the sweetest thing. she was slowly learning to accept his endearing words, and returning them.

osamu would hide his shy smile a little better than the girl did, but she knew her words had an effect on him. she could tell because of the way he would trip over his words for the next few sentences.

overall, it was going great. and they had both acknowledged, only to themselves for now, that they feel more towards the other than just friendship. their next step would be to admit this to each other.

lost in her thoughts, she only feels her phone vibrate on the third message. taking it out of her apron pocket, her face lights up at the sight of osamu's contact.

master chef 🍙

hello coffee bean
i'm afraid i'm the bearer of bad news
i don't think i'll make it to the shop today

oh, that's okay
is everything all right?

yeah, everything's good
just got more to get done than i realised
thought i'd let you know so you're not too upset
when i don't show

oh please
u say that as if ur the only thing i come to work for

am i not?

nope, afraid not
its the pay

understandable
okay, anyway, i gotta go
i'll stop by tomorrow

you better
see u tomorrow (:

see you then (:

the girl sighs, locking her phone and placing it back into her apron.

her smile has now been replaced with a light frown. she understood he had a busy life, but it would be a lie if she said she wasn't upset.

right on cue, the bell above the door sounds, and she looks up, excitedly. even though osamu had just said he wouldn't make it, she had sort of hoped it had been a joke and that he was actually just around the corner.

foolish, she thought, smiling at the elderly couple that had just walked in.

she goes to them, asking if they need any help. they ask her where the best seat is, and the girl suggests a couple of tables. the pair pick one of her suggestions and take a seat.

she goes by the rest of the day as usual. serving customers, wiping tables and cleaning cutlery. it doesn't fly by, but it doesn't drag either. it was just an average kind of wednesday.

less than average, if the absence of her favourite customer is taken into account. yet, despite the lack of distraction during her shift, it's closing time before she knows it.

once the last customers leave, she flips over the come on in, we're open sign. huffing a deep sigh, she spins around and gets to work clearing the tables, only after beginning to play her own music.

she found it therapeutic, cleaning and dancing in between each table as she went. something about being the only one in the building, and having that freedom to relax after a day of work.

honestly, she just thought it was free money.

a knock on the window startles her, and she looks up, ready to tell a customer that they had just missed their chance to order a last minute coffee. to her surprise, however, the customer at the other side of the glass was the one and only osamu miya.

immediately, her face sports a smile, and she skips over to the door, unlocking it and letting him in. he's holding something behind his back, but she can't quite make out what it is. "i thought you said i'm not the only reason you come to work?"

she scoffs, locking the door once again when he's inside. "i don't know what makes you thinks you are."

"you're little run to the door when you saw me, waiting, would do it." he says, as she turns to face him.

she's opening her mouth, ready to fire back a witty comment, but the bunch of flowers in his hands makes her words fall short. looking up at him, the gentle smile on osamu's face only makes her stomach flip. her hand covers her mouth, unable to shut her jaw at the sight in front of her.

a bouquet of her favourite flower, in the softest pink she had ever seen.

"osamu." she mutters, taking the flowers from his hands. "these are beautiful."

his smile grows at her approval. he wanted to tell her that he didn't actually have any errands to run, just that he wanted to make sure he found the best florist and that he could deliver the best bouquet he could find.

"i'm glad you think so." it sounded lame, but he didn't have anything else to say. the look on her face had left him speechless.

she looks at him, again, this time placing the flowers down on a nearby table and approaching him, giving him a hug.

he returns the gesture, taking a deep breath. then, he mutters a string of words, into her ear, that made the girl giddy, but she didn't mind.

"i missed you today."

tulips and hydrangeas are my fav<3i mean look at these:

i mean look at these:

tulips and hydrangeas are my fav<3i mean look at these:

french kiss 🤌🏻