❛ HEART BEGINS TO SWELL ❜

SHE KNOWS THIS FEELING ALL TOO WELL,
SHE FEELS HER HEART BEGIN TO SWELL

❝ SHE KNOWS THIS FEELING ALL TOO WELL,SHE FEELS HER HEART BEGIN TO SWELL ❞

"so, what d'you think?"

she placed the mug of steaming coffee onto osamu's table, and then took a seat in the empty chair in front of him. pulling her leg up, and hugging it, her cheek presses against the side of her knee. osamu spares her a glance and stifles a smile at the sight of her. she looks exhausted, yet content at the same time.

despite her face being smushed into her leg, she displayed a proud smile, her eyes flickering between osamu's face and the mug filled with the hot drink. the boy finally looked down at his gift, and he immediately pieced together the smile and the sight of his drink in front of him. osamu lowered his laptop screen, and pushed it to the side.

raising his left eyebrow, osamu takes the time to consider the questionable display in front of him. licking his lips, he allowed his teeth to bite down on the bottom one, a desperate attempt to stop the laugh begging to escape his throat. the girl watched his gray eyes scan the top layer of the coffee, and she dropped her leg when he didn't say anything.

she rested her elbows on the table, placing one palm on the top of her other hand, neatly. osamu looked back up at the girl watching him, and he recognised that the look on her face was expecting a response. he let his gaze fall back down to the frothy mess below him, and absorbed the sight of the severely misshaped stickman. the cocoa powder had started to dissolve into the coffee, melting under the heat of the drink. there was a dollop of powder at the end of what osamu assumed was the stickman's arm.

he narrowed his eyes, pointing a finger at the spot. "is that supposed to be a volleyball?" he leaned in close, hoping to get a clearer picture, and the girl huffed, leaning back in the chair.

"eh? what d'you mean supposed to be, yeah, obviously it's a volleyball." she was pouting at him now, and osamu chuckled at her childish antics. she had to stop herself from smiling at the sound. the mere sight of his own smile could spread a warmth in her like none other that she'd ever felt before, and his laugh was a whole other thing entirely.

"darling, i strongly suggest you stick to drawing on paper, instead of coffee." and the pet names. there was really nothing more that the boy in front of her could offer, that would make her fall into likes with him any more than she already has.

she huffs, furrowing her brows at him, challengingly. "you realise i worked my way up to my artistic level. coffee art has exactly the same dedication behind it." osamu laughed again, his shoulders shuddering up and down. she rolled her eyes at him, and leaned forward, pointing a finger at him. "keep laughing, miya. when i get as good as i am on paper, you'll be sad not to see my art on your coffee anymore."

the boy sighs, and tilts his head at her. "i think you made a tremendous effort on your stickman."

"thank you." she nods, satisfied with his response. "now i would say i hope you enjoy your drink, but i'm the one that made it so you obviously will."

"someone's confident in their coffee making skills." osamu remarks, but still reaches froward to grab the mug. he takes a sip, and does his best not to show how good the drink tasted. he shrugs one shoulder, and turns his lips downward for a millisecond. "average."

"you really are so hilarious, samu."

"i know, i pride myself in my comedy skills." he smiles sweetly at her, and she rolls her eyes, rising from her seat.

"what comedy skills?" she remarks with a scoff.

osamu laughs, shaking his head. "the ones i obviously have, considering you're always here with me, instead of back there actually doing your job."

the girl shook her head at him, placing her hands in the apron tied around her waist. "and we both know you only come here because it's where i work, so i suppose the feeling is mutual."

she doesn't give him chance to see her grin, and spins on her heel, making her way back into the back kitchen. "i come here for the coffee!" osamu shouts after her, but she can hear the smile in his voice.

before she turns the corner, she looks at him from afar. "i make all your coffees, dumbass."

she couldn't ignore the heartfelt smile on osamu's face before she fully turned the corner, out of his sight. pressing her back against the cold tile, she huffed, relishing in the feeling of her heart swelling.

 pressing her back against the cold tile, she huffed, relishing in the feeling of her heart swelling

and here she is, my beautiful babygirl, so precious and sweet.