❛ HANDSOME STRANGER ❜

HANDSOME STRANGER YOU HAVE
MADE HER INSIDES TURN TO JELLY

the girl sighed as she watched osamu type away at his laptop

the girl sighed as she watched osamu type away at his laptop. his fingers moves gracefully back and forth as he wrote the words that were no doubt beginning to crowd his screen. she admired how work-driven he was, and she could only dream to harbour the same passion for her future.

when they spoke about his plans, all that time ago, it blew her away; the pin-point precision of his dreams.

"i can't believe you already have so much of your life together." she'd said to him.

he had laughed, and responded with "do you know what you wanna do in the future?"

she shook her head, shrugging her shoulders. "no idea."

"i know what you can do." the girl had raised her eyebrows, and osamu's simple solution was to "be an artist, duh."

she wished it were that simple. not only was it quite difficult to get anywhere in the artistic industry, she also wasn't sure if that's the commitment she wanted to make. yes, she enjoyed art and she enjoyed making her own visuals but she wasn't quite sure that's where she saw herself in the long term.

before becoming close friends, the two had seen each other around, and shared a few mutual friends, but never really made time for each other.

then, there was the day osamu had overheard her make a compliment about him to her coworker.

he was stood at the till, waiting for someone to take his order, and his interest was piqued by a few voices conversing beside him. he overheard one of them say "i don't think i can serve such a handsome stranger and accept never seeing him again. you do it."

a girl with a buzz cut, and several piercings came to a stop in front of him and asked for his order. osamu looked to the side and caught the eye of another employee who he guessed had been the one behind the comment.

he had smiled at the girl, and asked her, "is there any chance that cute friend of yours in the blue apron could take my order?"

somehow, she had managed to get through his order without stumbling too much. as he payed for his order, he said "i come here quite often, so you don't have to worry about not seeing this handsome stranger ever again."

osamu had made a habit of teasing her about this, and because of this playful hold he had on her, the two began interacting more and more each day.

combining the girl's weekly shift schedule, and osamu's desperate need to get some work done away from his brother, the two of them saw more of each other than they expected. her coworkers' breaks often aligned so that the usual time osamu entered the cafe, it would be her manning the front counter on her own, in the early evening.