❛ CUPID'S ARROW ❜

THAT GIRL JUST THERE, YES SHE'S THE
ONE. WITH CUPID'S ARROW IN HER BUM

the girl beamed as she sat down in front of osamu, dropping two brown bags onto the table as she does

he raised an eyebrow, eyeing up the bags suspiciously. "you are going to hate this." she said the comment with a big grin on her face, as if she was happy with herself for finding something to do that she knew osamu wouldn't be fond of.

"then don't do whatever you're going to do?"

the girl shook her head, rolling her eyes. "it'll be funny, come on." she reached forward and grabbed the two bags pulling out a sugar coated donut from each one. osamu watched, silently, as she placed the donuts on top of the bags. she crossed her arms, and looked at him.

"what is this? who can resist the donut the longest?"

"even better." she dismissed his joke, and handed him one of the desserts. he took it into his own hand, reluctantly, and held it in the air as she took the second one into her own hands. "my dearest dumbass, i challenge you to finish that entire donut without licking your lips."

osamu blinked at her. "aren't you supposed to be working?"

the girl waved a hand, sending him a look. "there's one guy upstairs, and still two people working the floor, it's fine."

his eyes moved behind her where he could very clearly see at least three tables accompanied by customers. he shook his head at her, seriously questioning how she still had her job. "i'm starting to think me coming here is a bad influence."

she laughed, lowering the food in her hand, deadpanning at him. "stop stalling, let's get on with it. i've been betting who wins in my head, and i'm pretty sure it's gonna be me."

osamu's face fell at her comment. of course she had, and of course she thought it would be her to win. he was pretty positive that she would, too, but he wasn't going to let her know that. he looked down at the donut in his hand, and furrowed his brows at the amount of sugar that sat atop the dessert.

"do they always have this much sugar on them?"

the girl giggled, shaking her head back and forth. "no, i added more."

osamu found it endearing how excited she would get over the smallest of mundane things. he sighed at her, and couldn't believe he was letting the girl make him do such ridiculous things. he supposed there was a reason for that, though.

he could only imagine how dumb they were both going to look with their mouths coated in sugar, probably laughing at each other, and spilling it everywhere. "okay, fine. what's the prize?"

"oh." the girl pouted, slightly deflating at his question. "i didn't think that far ahead."

osamu laughed, and she reached over smacking his bicep with the back of her hand. "okay, how about this." osamu started plotting and the girl waited, eagerly. "if i win, i get free coffee for a week. if you win, i'll take you out. we'll make it a date."

she felt a blush creep onto her cheeks, and wondered if her face was as red as it felt. she didn't pay any mind to it, and attempted to ignore the butterflies that began swarming in her stomach. she internally scolded herself at the reaction, not happy with how quickly flustered he could make her.

she composed herself and looked at the boy, pretending to think for a second, weighing out the results. osamu wasn't at the cafe every day of the week, so three or four coffees out of her own pocket wouldn't hurt. and if she won - which she was confident she would - she would get to spend dedicated time with him outside of her workplace.

after another quick sigh, she nods. "that was incredibly cliche of you, but deal." she extended her palm across the table, and he placed his own against it. they shook up and down once, cementing the deal.

then, they both bit into their donuts, simultaneously. they both kept an eye on each other, ensuring there was no cheating. the girl had gone a little overboard with the sugar, but she didn't mind. it just made it all the more entertaining as it crumbled off the donut, onto the table.

the girl enjoyed her dessert, bouncing up and down along with the beat of the song that played over the speakers. she was already halfway done with her dessert, and osamu looked at her, bewildered at the lack of donut in her hand. "how do you eat so damn fast?"

she chuckled at his comment, taking another bite, shrugging at him as she did so. osamu followed suit, taking a bite of his own. he almost made a move to rid all of the dugar from his lips, and the girl raised her brows, pointing her finger at him. he narrowed his eyes at her, and stopped himself.

they were both so focused on the other in hopes that it would distract them from the sugar piling up on their faces.

osamu took another bite, and his neck jutted forward suddenly, attempting to stop the sugar from falling into his lap. the girl laughed at his reaction, and osamu rolled his eyes at her, at the same time sliding his tongue along his upper lip.

he stopped halfway, and they both froze holding each other's eye. the girl had a mischievous grin growing on her face and osamu's had fallen realising he had lost her challenge.

the girl finished off her donut, silently, and relished in her triumph. she dusted off her hands and placed them on the table, on top of each other. she leaned forward and licked her own lips, getting rid of the mass amount of sugar stuck to them. "so." she cooed, and osamu was ready for her to rub his nose in it, bragging about her win. "when's our date?"

he smiled, glad to see she was looking forward to spending time with him as much as he was with her. of course he would never let her know that. not just yet.

he was starting to see it clearer by the day - she had been hit with cupid's arrow, and he could feel the other aimed right at him.