Y/N looked back at the three wells and four more had appeared.

Y/N: Holy fuck.

They came back to the Plantar cottage and Sprig was pretty fed up with Anne's teasing.

Anne: We're home!

Hop Pop came rushing down the stairs and berated them with questions.

Hop Pop: What have you three been doing? I've been looking for you all morning.

Anne: Oh, nothing. Except Sprig was totally flirting with a cute girl!

At this new information, Hop Pop gasped and looked thrilled.

Hop Pop: No kidding?

Sprig: Anne, it's not like that. Ivy Sundew and I are just friends.

Hop Pop: Ivy Sundew? Nobody move! I'm getting the courtship kit.

He rushed up the stairs and disappeared from view.

Anne: This is so exciting! I'm gonna go get my dating magazines. Brb!

She rushed off down to the basement to grab the magazines. Polly and Y/N were left staring at Sprig.

Polly: I don't actually care.

Y/N: Yeah, sorry bro but you couldn't pull if your life depended on it. And seeing the excitement from Anne and Hop Pop, it most likely does.

Hop Pop came back downstairs brandishing an old and strange wooden box.

Hop Pop: Here we go. The firefly formal is tonight. It's the perfect opportunity to begin the ritual.

Anne came up from the trapdoor brandishing her magazines.

Anne: Ritual?

Hop Pop: Uh huh. Only frogs who have performed the ceremonial dance, in the ceremonial garb are allowed to be wed.

Anne: Huh. Kitchy. I like it.

Sprig: Guys. We're just friends. Besides, I'm already engaged to Maddie, right? She gave me this nifty ring.

He showed off his ring with a skull on it.

Hop Pop: Forget her. The Sundews have secret proprietary crops. Do you have any idea what that means?

Sprig: Uhh ...

Hop Pop: If our families merge, we'll be rich!

Polly: Wow. So romantic.

Anne: Uhh, I love these magazines! Look, Sprig. It says here two-thirds of all soul mates start out as "just friends."

Her eyes sidetracked to Y/N and she smirked.

Anne: Hey Y/NNNNNN.

Y/N: Nope.

Anne: Eh, worth a shot.

Sprig took the magazine out of her hands and looked intently through it.

Sprig: Wait, what? Really? And you trust these things?

Anne: Definitely. Magazines never lie.

As proof, she holds up another magazine. This one had a cover of a mixed breed between a cat and a bat.

Y/N: How does that even ... nevermind. Sprig, don't listen to any of them. You'll know when you've found true love when you hear your hearts music.

Anne: Oh, like this?

Y/N: No, Anne don't-!

Anne quickly took out a picture of Marcy and showed it to Y/N.

🎶 Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight 🎶