i. pack your dolls and a sweater

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。♡˚

CASSIOPEIA RAN AWAY IN A FIT OF ANGER,
you know when a kid says they are going to run away from home? Usually they have a bag and can't go past the door, but Cassie was angry she had been forced to move from New York to los Angeles, angry she had been forced to say goodbye to her best friend.

So she grabbed her hot pink hello kitty bag and left, Echidna and his boring ass son soon found Cassie, but lucky her, because Gleason Hedge appeared. An old satyr whose soulmate was a baseball bat.

She, the Dionysius twins and Gleason Hedge went from Santa Monica to Camp Half-Blood.

Just like that Cassie got sucked in a world of monsters and gods.

Cassiopeia wouldn't consider herself dramatic-scratch that, she was dramatic. But, she wasn't an  Apollo kid, she didn't have their clear eyes or blonde hair but she was as good as them (or better) in archery-  but she couldn't sing for the life of her, she quite literally sounded like a dying rooster.

But the sun god didn't seem to like Cassie, sun usually gave her rashes, miss directed arrows, swan's chased her around (she had to whack them with a book to get them to back of). And in a world of petty gods, when all that happened, you knew you weren't liked by a deity.

She met Annabeth Chase- Annie, depending on how pissed she was, at the beginning they weren't friends, but they bonded over books. She then met the Stolls, with who she helped to initiate a war at camp.

Cassie maybe thought if she was a Hermes kid, she could speak many languages and run fast (specially when she was being chased by angry Ares kids for completely unknown reason ). But she was clumsy as they came, she also couldn't steal shit, it wasn't for lack of trying (the Stolls were good teachers but she was a horrible student). She usually got caught redhanded.

Apart from having a long ass Greek related name she didn't know anything about her godly parent- except that he was a guy- having no dad and all.

That day, particularly hot day of summer, she sat in the deck with Annabeth telling her how she had got kicked out of another school and Anabeth sending her a hopeless look and a high five afterwards. (What could she say? Getting into trouble was her natural talent).

They day so far had started well, her forehead pimple had disappeared (which was such a boost), she had gone very very close to beating Luke, Cassie was really good with a sword, probably best sword woman at camp- but people underestimated her because she cared about her looks and her clothes.

Anabeth braided her hair "have you heard about the boy who killed the Minotaur?"

She lifted her face from watching the water  "huh?" She nodded "Oh yeah, he arrived with Grover, didn't he?"

"...I think he is the one" she emphasised the one as if she were a freaky cult leader.

Anabeth finished the braid, "let's go to find him, if I have my way this could be my chance"

She let her friend drag her around camp, she greeted people as they made their way to the infirmary.

The boy was scrawny with black hair, Anabeth expected him to sigh glitter or something while he slept.

Cassie immediately recognised him.

The boy drooled in his sleep a lot, but she snored like a dying hipo so she wasn't anyone to say anything. Annie however did, she would spend the time feeding him, and Cassie would stay while he slept, talking- Cassie talked a lot.

The day finally came when sleeping beauty awoke, she was playing black jack with Travis, Connor and her friend Ethan (skill she had acquired at nun school ironically).