Chapter 30: My mates

Start from the beginning

Jessie sat up in bed and I took that opportunity  to do the same and look around seeing my surroundings nervously trying to make connections between where I was and the events that had happened.

I was in a very big room. A very big white room, and it was obviously a bedroom. I was sitting on one giant bed With Jessie. The bed was huge, it had the size of a double-double bed, and that must have been the biggest bed I have ever seen.

The bed was all white, pillow, blanket, bedcover, bedpost... all of it. It was with no doubt the softest bed I have ever slept in, in my entire life. But I felt so at peace and so well rested that I know that it wouldn't be so bad to stay here.

The bed had an elegant metal bedpost which was twirled into what looked like roses, it was very elegant. Beside the bed was a bedside table with a lamp on, on each side of the bed, it was very elegant. The walls had a few abstract paintings in soft colours giving the room a peaceful harmony.

One wall was covered in 6 mirrors beside each other, I had a feeling it was a closet, but I wasn't sure. the mirror gave the white room an appearance of being much bigger than it actually was, it was just beautiful.

White light curtains covered an u-shaped window-arrangement right in front of the bed. The view behind those curtains, I bet that will be wonderful, I have never been in Alaska, but for what I know it should be beautiful.

Either a professional designer had been involved or else Jessie just had a talent for decorating. I like fashion and art and design and architecture and all that stuff. It interests me.

This must be their house in Alaska, that must be it. Even though I knew, I wanted to be confirmed in my suspicions. "Is this your home?" I asked shyly not looking at Jessie but instead letting my eyes wander the beauty of this bedroom taking all the details in as if trying to imprint it in my mind.

Jessie nodded confirming my suspicions. I wasn't looking directly at her, but I could sense her movement behind me. "This is our home" she corrected putting pressure on the 'our' part. This will be my home too? A home, a real home that I can call mine. A home that I will not have to leave right away, at least not for now. I don't want to run anymore. I feel safe now.

"Don't cry" begged Jessie as she pulled me over to her and hugged me tight into her body. I didn't even notice that I was crying before she said it. And then it just became a full blown cry. I wasn't really sure why, but I gave up holding it in and just cried my eyes out.

Happiness because I have a place to call home.

Sad because it's not with my family.

Relieved that I am safe.

Guilty that I left my sister and mom in danger.

I don't know what it was, but I didn't really want to think about it either. I just let it out as she held me tight and traced invisible circles on my back with her fingers as a comfort as she whispered in my ear. I couldn't hear what she said, but I felt her breath tickle my ear and that calmed me down.

The squeak of a door opening sounded behind me, I turn in Jessie's arms in surprise to see Xander step into the room, more like sneaking. Xander looked stressed out but as he looked up and saw us his depressed features changed into happiness. He walked towards us with a big smile on his face, but as he came closer he looked sad again. I didn't want him to see me in this state so I tried to turn around, but without luck, our eyes met.

"Why are you crying princess?" his soft tone calmed me and I instantly wanted to be in his arms. But I didn't want to move and end up causing myself to break down once again. He sat down on the bed and leaned over to us and placed a hand on my back as a small reassuring gesture. Then he placed a kiss on Jessie's forehead and then he did the same to me. It made me feel a little better to be honest.

His hand cupped my cheek "princess, everything is going to be okay, I promise" he spoke softly obviosuly giving up on getting an answer from me. I smiled weakly back at him, his reassuring words made me feel happy, and i was very thankful that he said that. I needed to hear that.

Gently he ran his thumb under my eye as to wipe away the tears. "Even if I have to beat up an idiot or two" he joked with a big smile on his lip. A lame attempt to make me feel  better, but it worked. "Yes, that's the smile I was looking for" he cooed at me grinning.

He sat down with his back against the bed post and without asking or waiting for permission he took me into his arms lifted me off Jessie and made me lay up against him instead. He put my head against his chest, and ran his hand up and down my side, he leaned closer and left a kiss on my forehead making my entire body tingle all over again.

Jessie smiled at us and without any words being said she laid down on the other side of him in the same position as me and took my hand, who unconsciously had found its way to his chest and was playing with the fabric of his shirt, and held it in hers.

No words were said, and I liked that. But Jeremy was missing. But just as that thought crossed my mind I felt a hand go around me from behind. I felt complete.

***

A/N IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! - Help me! well at least i have wifi now :) i wrote way more than i intended to about this, but i love writing... so good news is that next chapter will be up june 23 :D thank you guys! you are awesome!!