End of an Era

This is based on my feelings on the eve of my twentieth birthday. I was a bit sad even though I hated being a teenager. I was so sad that I had never had a teenage life like the people that ran after joy with drugs or partying. Yet I never wanted to get in trouble.

I post all of my fanfiction on three accounts. One is Archiveofourown under the username FangirlWriter1!, under the username DaniMason, and on Wattpad under the name FangirlWriter. And finally, I have a Twitter Account with the username DaniMason2019. Please follow it for updates on my stories and other messages. I also have a Tumblr account with the username danimason2019.

Also, please check if your guys' settings have you signed up for email notifications if you are reading this story. I don't own the characters of Danny Phantom.

-FangirlWriter

Jazz was writing in her diary on the eve of her 20th birthday. She was feeling a little bittersweet about turning twenty. She was excited to leave behind her teenhood, the worst time of her life and if what the adults were saying was true, it could be the worst time of her life. Others will say that being a teen was the best time of their lives. The worst part about being a teen for Jazz was always feeling like a freak, too much like an adult since she didn't want to go to parties. Yet she didn't have the life experience to be an adult. No matter how hard she tried to not be a kid, she couldn't quite pull off the way adults knew how to bend the world to work just enough for them.

Now that her teenhood was ending, she couldn't help but be sad that she had never really rocked the boat. She didn't have a senior skip day, she didn't get detention, etc. The only thing that she had done was get locked up in the Fenton Stockade during the whole Ember brainwashing people debacle. It wasn't even completely her fault. There were no memories like the coming-of-age movies like you were desperately trying to find and soak up all joy you could find like the world is ending. She never wanted it though, yet she wanted to be a rebel. If she was a rebel maybe she wouldn't be so afraid to be in trouble or have someone be mad at her.

Going to bed with all her thoughts written down, her mind and heart were calm now. Once she woke up all feelings of missing out were gone. It is odd how feelings can change so much Jazz thought.